Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Forest River Lifestyle (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f186/)
-   -   Earliest Camping Trip (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f186/earliest-camping-trip-103083.html)

Bianchina3 03-15-2016 10:19 PM

Earliest Camping Trip

1 Attachment(s)
Last weekend was the earliest trip we have ever taken. Not bad for the "Frozen North" of Illinois.

This picture was taken at Shabbona Lake State Park at 6 am. Too bad there isn't sound, all you could here were the geese calling to each other.

SeaDog 03-15-2016 10:21 PM

You are very fortunate to be able to camp this time of year, I'm happy for you.

WFD 03-15-2016 10:44 PM

Very nice...we are quite a bit North of you and geese normally just start showing up this week...this year they have already been around a couple weeks and we have been breaking record temps...geese are much better predictors than any of our weather forecasters!;)

joforbess 03-19-2016 08:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This weekend was our earliest camping trip. Left Thursday morning and headed for a nice quiet trip to An Arkansas State Park, Mississippi River State Park on Bear Creek Lake. Nice small campground WFH and all 14 sites have a nice few of the lake. [Great week end except for a little windy yesterday and most of today. Temps in the upper 50 today. Attachment 102378

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

deartruc 03-19-2016 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WFD (Post 1131986)
Very nice...we are quite a bit North of you and geese normally just start showing up this week...this year they have already been around a couple weeks and we have been breaking record temps...geese are much better predictors than any of our weather forecasters!;)

X2....most CG's and SP's don't open for another month here.

But geese just arrived at my office

CampCrazyMom 04-06-2016 06:42 PM

Quote:

This picture was taken at Shabbona Lake State Park at 6 am. Too bad there isn't sound, all you could here were the geese calling to each other.
We were at Shabbona Easter weekend. We had snow and very cold weather. We were in our Pop up. Probably our last outing with it. Waiting for our Wildwood now.

Shabbona is our favorite state park.

Themeads46 04-12-2016 09:20 AM

Our eariliest trip this year was Jan 15-23. Three nights at Harris Beach Or. Then five nights in Vally of the Rogue sp. The first three nights was just 3 miles from home and the five nights covered two medical visits in Medford. I love having a sp like Harris Beach right here in town, we have already spent ten nights there this year. Nights camped this year, 18. We are leaving next week for ten days visiting our kids in no. Cal. We love our 2016 Surveyor251rks.

rmac04401 04-12-2016 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
January 15th-26th. Kissimmee Florida. It was a tease because we had to come back to PA to the cold and wait for three more month to go camping again. Attachment 104644

May go this weekend. Was supposed to go last weekend but the cold front came in.