Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (
-   Appliances and Electronics (
-   -   Parts in Dominic refrigerator (

Steveanddianne 03-26-2016 01:45 PM

Parts in Dominic refrigerator
1 Attachment(s)
We have not had a chance to use the unit yet - but the attached shows the parts that were taped to the drawer in the ref ride not sure if they should installed or are extras? Thanks Attachment 102912

boondocking 03-26-2016 02:06 PM

Does your fridge have an ice maker, those are water line connections

Steveanddianne 03-26-2016 04:37 PM

Parts in dominic
Yes it has an ice maker we haven't used it yet- are these parts that need to be installled

boondocking 03-26-2016 04:48 PM

Those parts are needed to connect the water line to the ice maker with you plan on using the ice maker. If you are not planning on using the ice maker then they do not need to be installed.

Steveanddianne 03-26-2016 05:34 PM

We are going to use the ice maker
We plan to use it where would I find the instruction on how to install ? Thanks for your help

boondocking 03-26-2016 07:19 PM

There should be instructions on connecting to the fridge itself in the user manual.
The water supply connection will vary depending on the type and size of the existing water supply line.
You will need a shutoff valve (to connect to the existing water supply line), some 1/4 inch ID water line (to go from water supply to fridge) and some fittings to tie into an existing water line.
Your best bet is to go to a plumbing store (Home Depot is good) and explain what you are doing and the type and size of water line you are connecting to.

Steveanddianne 03-26-2016 07:23 PM

Thanks very much

boondocking 03-26-2016 10:04 PM

You're Welcome.

paperbbill 03-27-2016 11:34 AM

Ask the dealer to do it. I'm sure you will have a few other tweeks.

387 Georgetown

Herk7769 03-27-2016 11:38 AM


Originally Posted by paperbbill (Post 1143242)
Ask the dealer to do it. I'm sure you will have a few other tweeks.

387 Georgetown

If this connection leaks you will have serious damage to your camper's floors and walls. If you are not totally confident in your ability to make watertight connections, I would recommend having the dealer hook it up.

Steveanddianne 03-27-2016 12:21 PM

Water line
1 Attachment(s)
Thanks I agree - I looked at the back of the unit today and I can see a clear plastic hose going in on top and a copper line coming in on the lbottom
- so I'm not sure if these were spare parts I attached a picture.

RetiredAF1955-1981 03-27-2016 12:35 PM

Those are most likely spare parts. Whoever installed the water connection at FR just used ones he had available.

boondocking 03-27-2016 02:58 PM

Don't think those are spare parts.
The copper line would be the propane line and the clear plastic hose would be the drain line.

Steveanddianne 03-27-2016 05:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hope these photos may be betterAttachment 103052Attachment 103053

Steveanddianne 03-27-2016 05:54 PM

Is the plastic line on top incoming water? Then there is a copper on the bottom of the celinoid is that outgoing to the ice maker?

Steveanddianne 03-27-2016 05:56 PM

Copper line out from celinoid
The copper line on the bottom is covered in a rubber casing

boondocking 03-27-2016 08:09 PM

The new pics do show it better. The plastic 1/4 " line would be the water line to the ice maker with a solenoid valve.
Where does the copper line end up at ? It should be for the propane supply.

Steveanddianne 03-27-2016 08:57 PM

Water line
The little box covered in the same silver stuff to the left, same size as the box with the clear water tube has a copper pipe coming out of the bottom it is covered in rubber it goes up behind a black oval steel thing (condenser ? ) and it looks like the pipe goes into the wall - I can take a better picture of that tomorrow. And again thanks very much for helping us figure this out

boondocking 03-28-2016 11:08 AM

Not sure what that small copper pipe is for. Does it connect to the solenoid?

Herk7769 03-28-2016 11:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by boondocking (Post 1144195)
Not sure what that small copper pipe is for. Does it connect to the solenoid?

That is a brass crush ferrule seal. You put the nut on the white plastic hose; slip the crush seal on next; then fasten everything to the brass fitting.

When you tighten the nut, the crush ferrule seal pinches the white plastic hose making a watertight seal.

The silver tapered tube goes inside the white plastic hose to provide the hard surface for the ferrule to crush against.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.