Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   The Rally Zone | F.R.O.G. Events (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/)
-   -   AUG 6-12 2017 - GOSHEN IN - FROG International (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/aug-6-12-2017-goshen-in-frog-international-116205.html)

elind 08-06-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Hepler (Post 1586051)

I'm bummed out! Missing the Tiki Hut and the Phrog Pond this year.:crying:

Scheinin 08-06-2017 08:57 PM

a
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Dan (Post 1586177)
Generally stated, there are not clearly defined areas as implied above in a couple of places. I'm in a Wildcat and there's a Cardinal next to me... so that Cardinal is not in the Cardinal area. There are many Columbus trailers in a row near me... but other Columbus units are scattered. Same with Berkshire. There may be 4-6 parked together but others are scattered. There many have been a "Cedar Creek area" mentioned above... but there's a flashy CC directly behind my neighbor's Wildcat.

Mr. Dan: I am in the infield of the race track, and there are only Cedar Creeks here, about 120 of them.

Tim Hepler 08-06-2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Dan (Post 1586177)
Generally stated, there are not clearly defined areas as implied above in a couple of places. I'm in a Wildcat and there's a Cardinal next to me... so that Cardinal is not in the Cardinal area. There are many Columbus trailers in a row near me... but other Columbus units are scattered. Same with Berkshire. There may be 4-6 parked together but others are scattered. There many have been a "Cedar Creek area" mentioned above... but there's a flashy CC directly behind my neighbor's Wildcat.

I believe they park friends that come in at the same time together. There is also some local FROG group clubs parking together too.

Mr. Dan 08-06-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scheinin (Post 1586198)
a

Mr. Dan: I am in the infield of the race track, and there are only Cedar Creeks here, about 120 of them.

My point is that's not all of the Cedar Creeks........ some are up in the hill with me. I wrote "Generally stated" to communicate these "areas" are not crisply defined as some seem to think.

Mr. Dan 08-06-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Hepler (Post 1586209)
I believe they park friends that come in at the same time together. There is also some local FROG group clubs parking together too.

My neighbor is a member of the Cardinal Club. He is not parked with his club. He is parked by me and I'm in a Wildcat.

TheWolfPaq82 08-06-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Dan (Post 1586212)
My point is that's not all of the Cedar Creeks........ some are up in the hill with me. I wrote "Generally stated" to communicate these "areas" are not crisply defined as some seem to think.

In Sturgis...we all park together, we don't care what you ride or what you drive...we're all just here to...HAVE FUN !!!
Hope we can hit the road Tuesday morning...sounds like the daughter-in-law might be going into labor tonight.
I'll give up a trip to Sturgis to see a new grandson or granddaughter any day.

F.R.O.G. 08-06-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakman (Post 1584793)
Cruising the fairgrounds at the FROG rally.
Attachment 147260

https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...0&d=1501952329

Leo Akins. "Born to be Mild." ;)

F.R.O.G. 08-06-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W5CI (Post 1584983)
We are looking for two tickets for the Brown Bag tour on Thursday to buy, any one who may be unable to go please let us know.

There will be a Tour Exchange Board -- Want to Buy / Want to Sell -- at the FROG Rally Office in Vendor Building E starting on Monday morning.

F.R.O.G. 08-06-2017 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spock123 (Post 1585064)
Went to the fairgrounds today, Garmin did okay. Hope I can sell a few items one day at the rally.

There's a garage sale / swap meet scheduled for Friday.

F.R.O.G. 08-06-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaMan (Post 1585083)
For those that have asked, my daughter may or may not be at the rally late in the week, but I will have some of the charms that she makes. She is working late into the night to get her supply up (procrastinator!). For those that don't know, she donates the proceeds to the Pink Ribbon Girls to help those with breast cancer, in honor of Cindy Byrne. Check them out at the PHrog Pond! She has donated almost $400 to date just from FROG rallies! Super proud of this little girl.Attachment 147301

Cindy is extremely touched and grateful to be honored in this way. And the charms, earrings, and other items are beautiful!

wvufan1958 08-07-2017 12:29 AM

"Me myself ...I enjoy parking next to different types of TT, MH,5W. etc. I love asking the good of bad if each unit. Oh Because I might want to buy one of these units one days. Also I enjoy meeting other people from all over this Beautiful county. I would like to Thank you for taking time to read this. "Safe travels to all ...and may you and your family be truly blessed". [emoji196][emoji196][emoji196][emoji196][emoji196][emoji196] F.R.O.G. #1

dblr 08-07-2017 06:05 AM

I am parked in Draft Barn #1 in a River Stone Legacy in the Phrog Pond stop on by for a visit or with questions about our brand, will be glad to meet all and answer questions about our unit. Hope all here at the FROG Rally have a GREAT time!!!!!!!!

There are 2 Legacy's here we are on the left one, but sure the other folks would help also.

GL1800Rider 08-07-2017 06:18 AM

Temp Stick Monitor

A couple of people have expressed interest in this. We have a Temp Stick temperature monitor/alert by Ideal Sciences for the fur babies. It works off your wifi and does not require a subscription. If the set temperature in you unit is exceeded due to a power or A/C failure it will alert you via text and/or email.

If anybody has a question about it or would like to see the app, I am in the Indigo Forester on the corner by where you get your chow or I will be out walking the Shelties.

Daylightkate 08-07-2017 06:47 AM

PHAT PHROGS......
, !

#youphrogsarewicked. ��

TheWolfPaq82 08-07-2017 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. (Post 1586258)

Nice setup !!!

stevegotl 08-07-2017 07:54 AM

So we have our first disappointment of the Rally. My girlfriend has food allergies, Gluten and MSG, and the caterers are unable to accommodate that even though the organizers thought they could. It appears the caterers are not at all trained on food allergies so I hope others don't get sick. Looks like we will be eating out a lot. Sure seems in this day and age there should be some better way to deal wit this, we have not run into this anywhere else on our travels. Sorry for the rant.....

Total Bliss 08-07-2017 08:16 AM

So how was the food for the Sunday kickoff?

glsimms 08-07-2017 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 (Post 1586247)
In Sturgis...we all park together, we don't care what you ride or what you drive...we're all just here to...HAVE FUN !!!
Hope we can hit the road Tuesday morning...sounds like the daughter-in-law might be going into labor tonight.
I'll give up a trip to Sturgis to see a new grandson or granddaughter any day.

I hear ya!

The DW has said no camping trips the first couple of weeks of September so we can be at the hospital while our DIL gives birth to our first, and probably only, granddaughter! BTW, Congrats Papaw!!!

Forbes 08-07-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Total Bliss (Post 1586468)
So how was the food for the Sunday kickoff?

Food was great, service was outstanding no long waiting (except the blue plates LOL).

Total Bliss 08-07-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevegotl (Post 1586439)
So we have our first disappointment of the Rally. My girlfriend has food allergies, Gluten and MSG, and the caterers are unable to accommodate that even though the organizers thought they could. It appears the caterers are not at all trained on food allergies so I hope others don't get sick. Looks like we will be eating out a lot. Sure seems in this day and age there should be some better way to deal wit this, we have not run into this anywhere else on our travels. Sorry for the rant.....

Sorry to read the dissappointment, but the event is not an individual order. Maybe someday technology will be there for a massive catering job. Hope it is not every meal. Those caterers are suppose to be awesome.