Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   The Rally Zone | F.R.O.G. Events (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/)
-   -   AUG 6-12 2017 - GOSHEN IN - FROG International (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/aug-6-12-2017-goshen-in-frog-international-116205.html)

aceinspp 08-11-2017 07:53 PM

Ya never admit to that. Your for ever young as they say. :D Later RJD

SimchaSabre 08-11-2017 08:07 PM

https://youtu.be/-I43T_OQsR8

Birds eye view.

spock123 08-11-2017 08:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Took some videos tonight, was one of these you?Attachment 147948Attachment 147949

spock123 08-11-2017 08:39 PM

Good music and free beer, that's hard to beat

SailorSam20500 08-11-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spock123 (Post 1589475)
Well actually I came to the rally to meet people that I have talked to this site, not to eat. The food has been great so far and I was last color called the first night and the second night and I ate but most of all I got to meet new people. Me and DW would like to come back next year and see friends we have met this year. It's been a great rally, first rally for us and it shore has been great.

Agree 100%, though sad to say, I didn't find quite a few. I did meet and become friends with a number of others.

On the food. During my working years, I was privileged enough to be sent to a number of conferences. Overall, the quality and quantity of the food here at the rally compares very favorably to what I got at the various "high end" hotels. I recall numerous times when there wasn't enough, it was often cold, and was eaten only because there were no other options.

Service team not only fixed the issues I raised, they spotted additional issues and handled them. I am very impressed.

Parking crew was amazing. I rolled in about 2:00 pm and expected a huge line. There was 1 trailer ahead of me. As I was led to my spot, I boggled at all the people who were already in place. And my parking guide got me backed into place in about 3 minutes.

Additionally, I learned a lot at the seminars I attended.

Kudos to everyone involved in putting on the rally. I'm looking forward to 2018!

Tim Hepler 08-12-2017 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scheinin (Post 1590780)
Since they maxed out at 800, how will that allow new people to register. When FROG Bob asked how many first timers, look how many stood up.

Hopefully they can expand the max number, although the dinning area was full holding 1600 people.

I was following what other large events that had been maxed out due to limitations have done rewarding loyalty to the group instead of somebody who has time to camp out on the computer ready to push the buttons to just come and get their RV repaired.

spock123 08-12-2017 05:45 AM

You know it's just a thought but maybe something could be set up where people that want to just come to the rally just to get there rig fixed could come just for certain days. Me I would come just see old friends and meet new friends.

aceinspp 08-12-2017 06:14 AM

The rally is to come and meet people and friends the repair is second fiddle and people do take advantage of this sorry to say. The good thing is you have to pay to attend and the travel to get there so it's not totally free:D. Also its a good time to see new models and up dates to campers and attend a factory tour. Talk to the folks who build them and maybe go home with a new rig. :D Later RJD

AquaMan 08-12-2017 07:54 AM

One thing I noticed this year, was the number of kids that attended. Good to see more young people. As for registering next year I suggest the week prior be open to those that have never attended the rally and open to maybe the first 200 or so sites. That way you get a good mix of new attendees and veterans.

GL1800Rider 08-12-2017 08:09 AM

So long everybody and safe travels. It was great seeing our friends again and meeting new ones. Hope to make it up here again next year, it was a great time and now will be a great memory.

Bill, Becca and the 3 shelties

chuckhossler 08-12-2017 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaMan (Post 1591358)
One thing I noticed this year, was the number of kids that attended. Good to see more young people. As for registering next year I suggest the week prior be open to those that have never attended the rally and open to maybe the first 200 or so sites. That way you get a good mix of new attendees and veterans.

AquaMan
Thank you for your suggestion. I would love to attend but the waiting list never seems to shorten quite enough.

chuckhossler 08-12-2017 08:19 AM

AquaMan
Thank you for your suggesstion. I would love to attend but the waiting list never seems to shorten.

wmtire 08-12-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Hepler (Post 1591286)
I was following what other large events that had been maxed out due to limitations have done rewarding loyalty to the group instead of somebody who has time to camp out on the computer ready to push the buttons to just come and get their RV repaired.

Tim, I understand your enthusiasm and am glad you had a wonderful time, as most members who get the opportunity to attend Goshen do. It's good that you want to go back.

However, if Forest River did allow the current years attendees to claim first dibs on the next years event..... then you, yourself, may have never had the opportunity to attend one.. if previous years attendees had been able to do what you are suggesting. They could have claimed all the spots and left you odd man out. :rolleyes:

With the limited amount of spots, and the ever growing customer base Forest River has, it seems that they are currently doing it as fair as they can, and treat all of their customers great.

macevoyj 08-12-2017 08:41 AM

Had an awesome time meeting you and Becca and beautiful shelters. Hope to see you maybe next year or in Florida.
Judy , Lee and Sophie

retired06 08-12-2017 09:08 AM

Who won the cornhole tournament? Or did I miss the post?

BamaBob 08-12-2017 10:03 AM

AUG 6-12 2017 - GOSHEN IN - FROG International

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaMan (Post 1591358)

You know Tim, thatís a fantastic idea!

Dbt803 08-12-2017 11:46 AM

Had a wonderful time at the rally. Saw old friends and met new friends. Bob, Cyndi and Forest River thank you for all your hard work. Looking forward to the next adventure!
Safe travels to all.

Sanibel 08-12-2017 12:06 PM

We just left the FROG rally and one of the vendors had,of all things, a silver CZdiamond ring and a penny stolen off her table that she used to show the results of her product. She had used those same two props for 9 years. She was so disappointed. We hope that it wasn't a Frogger, maybe a local, but if by chance the culprit is part of this group, please mail it to Bob or Cindy anonymously and I'm sure they will see them returned and restore their faith.

Joe_GA 08-12-2017 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netgain (Post 1590840)
We've really enjoyed our first Goshen FROG Rally. Already planning for next year.

On another subject, we're wondering if these donuts will last from Goshen IN to Savannah GA.

No way! :D

Joe_GA 08-12-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanibel (Post 1591554)
We just left the FROG rally and one of the vendors had,of all things, a silver CZdiamond ring and a penny stolen off her table that she used to show the results of her product. She had used those same two props for 9 years. She was so disappointed. We hope that it wasn't a Frogger, maybe a local, but if by chance the culprit is part of this group, please mail it to Bob or Cindy anonymously and I'm sure they will see them returned and restore their faith.

Wow! What a shame. I have never met a camper I didn't like and trust. Like you, I hope it was not a fellow Frogger.

Thanks so much to Bob and Cindy and Forest River for another great Rally. Food and vendors were great. My only disappointment...no Cedar Creek shirts or hats.