Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   The Rally Zone | F.R.O.G. Events (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/)
-   -   AUG 6-12 2017 - GOSHEN IN - FROG International (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/aug-6-12-2017-goshen-in-frog-international-116205.html)

RVChick 03-25-2017 04:15 PM

[emoji196] FROG Bob
Will there be volunteer info soon?

F.R.O.G. 03-25-2017 04:30 PM

Karen, yes there will. I'm focusing right now on completing testing on the new registration system (I've had five members test it, not including myself and members of our corporate web team), and it seems to be going without a hitch. It's worked with PCs, a phone, and two tablets, and the only problem was with two people who used Google Chrome with Auto-Fill activated, who had to replace information in a couple of fields.

But that's not what you asked. :o

I've had about 20 offers to volunteer so far, and we'll be needing more. We'll be contacting some members who worked last year, but "new blood" is always welcome.

Because we'll have a limited time to get volunteers parked while the fairgrounds staff is cleaning up from the fair and laying out water and electric lines, I want to be as efficient as possible. To that end, I'll be focusing on situations where more than one member in the RV is offering to help.

Right after registration, I'll contact everyone who has offered to see where they're interested in working -- parking, registration, rally office, golf cart shuttles, loading buses, and a lot more. I can't guarantee that everyone will get his or her first choice, but we ALWAYS welcome help.

In the meantime, if someone wants to volunteer, please send me an e-mail at frog@forestriverinc.com. Put just the word VOLUNTEER in the subject line, and let me know what you're most interested in doing.

Thanks for asking, Karen, and thanks for volunteering yourself.

SYE 03-25-2017 04:31 PM

You can always volunteer at the TIKI, I mean volunteer to have fun!!

RVChick 03-25-2017 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. (Post 1454981)
Karen, yes there will. I'm focusing right now on completing testing on the new registration system (I've had five members test it, not including myself and members of our corporate web team), and it seems to be going without a hitch. It's worked with PCs, a phone, and two tablets, and the only problem was with two people who used Google Chrome with Auto-Fill activated, who had to replace information in a couple of fields.

I've had about 20 offers to volunteer so far, and we'll be needing more. We'll be contacting some members who worked last year, but "new blood" is always welcome.

Because we'll have a limited time to get volunteers parked while the fairgrounds staff is cleaning up from the fair and laying out water and electric lines, I want to be as efficient as possible. To that end, I'll be focusing on situations where more than one member in the RV is offering to help.

Right after registration, I'll contact everyone who has offered to see where they're interested in working -- parking, registration, rally office, golf cart shuttles, loading buses, and a lot more. I can't guarantee that everyone will get his or her first choice, but we ALWAYS welcome help.

In the meantime, if someone wants to volunteer, please send me an e-mail at frog@forestriverinc.com. Put just the work VOLUNTEER in the subject line, and let me know what you're most interested in doing.

Thank you Bob!!

RVChick 03-25-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYE (Post 1454982)

Always looking forward to partying at the TIKI hut!!

F.R.O.G. 03-25-2017 04:37 PM

The word VOLUNTEER, not the work VOLUNTEER.

SYE 03-25-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. (Post 1454981)

In the meantime, if someone wants to volunteer, please send me an e-mail at frog@forestriverinc.com. Put just the word VOLUNTEER in the subject line, and let me know what you're most interested in doing.

I use chrome all the time with autofill options, if you need another volunteer to test it out, let me know

BamaBob 03-25-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernest917 (Post 1452440)
Man you got that right..... Electric blanket at home and heated mattress pad in the coach.... Make my "old" bones feel sooooo good in the morning!!!!!

Not to mention those heated tiles and fireplace :D

wvufan1958 03-25-2017 08:20 PM

Hey BamaBob ... who do I contact to sign up for the rally . Thanks Tony

Mr. Dan 03-25-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wvufan1958 (Post 1455187)
Hey BamaBob ... who do I contact to sign up for the rally . Thanks Tony

I'm not BamaBob... but here's some info. to help answer your question and it's not a 'who'.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Dan (Post 1440503)
They have a goal date for opening registration but there's a lot to do before they pull the trigger. I got an email from the Forest River Owners Group - The official owner's group of Forest River RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles. site telling me when registration was open. I saw the email on my phone and stopped beside the highway to register on my laptop.

EDIT: Also see post #230 in this thread.

EDIT2: If you haven't joined FROG, go to https://forestriverfrog.com/News.aspx and click JOIN FROG.

wvufan1958 03-25-2017 08:58 PM

Thank you. Mr. Dan

F.R.O.G. 03-26-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartyQ (Post 1455913)
Thanks! Registration will be here before we know it!! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was afraid that might happen! :eek:

dleitermann 03-27-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYE (Post 1454982)

We'll be Tiki Hut volunteers!!

SYE 03-27-2017 11:41 AM

I'll put you on the list

Tim Hepler 03-27-2017 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. (Post 1450596)
As several people have requested, here are the prices for the FROG Rally and optional tours. Tour prices are per person.

This is how the events will appear on the registration form, with a pull-down box next to each item to order the number you need. There will also be a box next to each tour to show a description.

Tickets

Attendance

RV with 2 Adults
$525

RV with 1 Adult
$375

Additional Adult (Age 12 or Over)
$150

Additional Child (Under Age 12)
$0

Tours - Monday, August 7

Tour #1 - Quilt Shop Hop
$55

Tours - Tuesday, August 8

Tour #2 - Brown Bag Tour of Amish Country - Tuesday
$70

Tour #3 - Blue Gate Restaurant Lunch & Theater: "Mennonite Girls Can Cook"
$60

Tour #4 - Boat, Bison & Bar-B-Q
$50

Tour #5 - Das Essenhaus Dinner & Play: "Saturday Night on Old Smokey"
$55

Tours - Wednesday, August 9

Tour #6 - Air Zoo at Kalamazoo
$45

Tours - Thursday, August 10

Tour #7 - Brown Bag Tour of Amish Country - Thursday
$70

Tour #8 - Amish Acres Threshers Lunch & Play: "Guys and Dolls"
$65

Tour #9 - Das Dutchman Essenhaus: Cruisin' On the River, Cruisin' Down the Road
$55

Tour #10 - "Life on the Lilypad" Prime Rib Dinner Cruise
$60

Tour #11 - South Bend Cubs: Baby Bears, Baseball & Buffet
$50

Tours - Friday, August 11

Tour #12 - Quirky Collections and Pizza at the Diner
$45

This will be our first FROG Rally and would like to know can you take more than one tour a day?

and which ones don`t overlap time wise allowing you to take more than one tour on the same day?

Looking forward to attending.

F.R.O.G. 03-27-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Hepler (Post 1457998)
This will be our first FROG Rally and would like to know can you take more than one tour a day?

and which ones don`t overlap time wise allowing you to take more than one tour on the same day?

Looking forward to attending.

Tim, the tours are long enough that you won't be able to take two on the same day. We'll have that in the instructions, and have also grouped them by day in order to avoid double-booking yourself.

tenaquilts 03-29-2017 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muddyrode (Post 1448541)
Any one starting to get excited :)

YES!! [emoji16]

SYE 03-29-2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVChick (Post 1459168)
Poor TB really is getting insomnia!
[emoji15]

I am insomnia!!

AquaMan 03-29-2017 07:45 AM

A little birdy told me that registration is going to open up this Saturday morning at 3:00am! Can't wait!

Total Bliss 03-29-2017 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youroo (Post 1459124)
TB a Little Early!:roflblack::signhavefun: Youroo!! :us-flag-waving:

You guys don't miss a beat. (Or I should say a minute):D