Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   The Rally Zone | F.R.O.G. Events (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/)
-   -   AUG 6-12 2017 - GOSHEN IN - FROG International (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/aug-6-12-2017-goshen-in-frog-international-116205.html)

RKNOLA 10-10-2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowracer (Post 1320570)
Very well, it seems. You DO know that each attendee has their name, unit info and location recorded in a master list.

It's not like the techs are aimlessly wandering up and down the roads looking for a certain unit like Diogenes looking for an honest man. They have computers and printouts and all kinds of high-tech stuff that gets them where they need to be.

This whole argument about making is easier/more efficient for the techs really is nonsense.

Tim

Maybe the FR Techs didn't share their info with everyone. We saw Lippert Techs driving around "aimlessly" looking for certain units. There were quite a few techs from other companies driving up and down the isles "searching" and inquiring as they wandered. Some of the vendors also had a rough time finding units they had been hired to work on.
I guess in 2017 there will be a need for row identification signs.

Mr. Dan 10-10-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKNOLA (Post 1337766)
I guess in 2017 there will be a need for row identification signs.

We had row identification signs at the east (upper) ends of our rows in The Grove.

RKNOLA 10-10-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Dan (Post 1337775)
We had row identification signs at the east (upper) ends of our rows in The Grove.

We were in the Grove too! We were on the second isle (the end of our row was the gate opening to get to the dining hall).
I am sorry we missed meeting you. Hopefully next year we can meet you.
:trink39:

spock123 10-10-2016 11:50 AM

That's one thing when I go next year is to meet some of the great people on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

AquaMan 10-10-2016 11:52 AM

Our section (Draft Horse) was probably the least known of all sections (at least at the start of the rally!) :D

Mr. Dan 10-10-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKNOLA (Post 1337782)
We were in the Grove too! We were on the second isle (the end of our row was the gate opening to get to the dining hall).
I am sorry we missed meeting you. Hopefully next year we can meet you.
:trink39:

There was only one row between us and the first downhill fence... row #5 as I remember. Yes, our current plan is to go again next year. When we went in 2015, we assumed it would be "one and done" but it only took a couple of weeks to start talking about 2016 and now...... maybe 2017!

RKNOLA 10-10-2016 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spock123 (Post 1337786)
That's one thing when I go next year is to meet some of the great people on this site.

I agree! We have a ceramic frog holding a sign with "RKNOLA" on it. I put him on a table in front of our MH. If you see us, stop and say HI!! I think in 2017 we will skip the tours and just focus on meeting fellow FROGs!
:)

spock123 10-10-2016 12:50 PM

Yea that's us in a nutshell, we don't care about seeing the new campers as we have the one we like. I have no plans to ever trade again, there won't ever be the perfect camper. I just want to go so I can meet other site members. We won't just be going to the rally, we always find somewhere else to go after the rally

W5CI 10-10-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spock123 (Post 1337786)

Would Love to meet some of these nice folks, As I never met anyone outside of the Cedar Creek Club this year.

AquaMan 10-10-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W5CI (Post 1337870)
Would Love to meet some of these nice folks, As I never met anyone outside of the Cedar Creek Club this year.

You definitely need to travel outside the confines of the CCC. The Phrog Pond is always a good time!

Cowracer 10-10-2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaMan (Post 1337915)
You definitely need to travel outside the confines of the CCC. The Phrog Pond is always a good time!

Yes sir! Easy to find, too. Just look for the limo golf cart that looks like it sprung a major reactor leak. :roflblack:

Tim

B and B 10-10-2016 03:44 PM

There is usually Smoker set up making some type of meat or food!

spock123 10-18-2016 07:35 AM

I sure hope I can get in on the rally next year, I have met new friends in Topeka. I found someone in Topeka IN to do some work on my Cedar Creek. I plan to move some things around in camper. This man worked for Cedar Creek for 16 years and now he works for his self, he has a nice place

Witch Doctor 10-18-2016 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spock123 (Post 1344380)
I sure hope I can get in on the rally next year, I have met new friends in Topeka. I found someone in Topeka IN to do some work on my Cedar Creek. I plan to move some things around in camper. This man worked for Cedar Creek for 16 years and now he works for his self, he has a nice place

Well you surely were lucky, I myself use a private trailer builder:thumbsup: and repair facility for any repairs I can't do. I was lucky as you to find someone that will care and NOT like most STEALERS out there on top of great work and the unheard of CS they are cheaper per hr. then my STEALER.....:us-flag-waving:

chuckhossler 10-19-2016 08:28 AM

New to FROG events

This FROG rally sounds like a great event. The DW and I are new this year to ownership and havent had the chance to attend any rallies. This sounds like the perfect first to attend. Sounds like it might be difficult to get a spot though. Hopefully we can secure a reservation and have a great time with fellow FR owners. If we are fortunate enough to get in, is there anything special we should bring or do to our little home on wheels?

aceinspp 10-19-2016 10:08 AM

Should you not be able to get in to this rally there are plenty of others near by you can attend next year. Later RJD

Witch Doctor 10-19-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckhossler (Post 1345305)
This FROG rally sounds like a great event. The DW and I are new this year to ownership and havent had the chance to attend any rallies. This sounds like the perfect first to attend. Sounds like it might be difficult to get a spot though. Hopefully we can secure a reservation and have a great time with fellow FR owners. If we are fortunate enough to get in, is there anything special we should bring or do to our little home on wheels?

Read the thread, Herk put out about extra sewer hose and water hose plus some wood or blocks, if you can't find what you need on this thread look up the 2016 thread about the same. Other then that just bring a good attitude. And most of all...:signhavefun::trink39::us-flag-waving:

Herk7769 10-19-2016 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckhossler (Post 1345305)

There is a "Tips" thread stuck in this sub forum.
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...nds-88352.html

Crusader 816 10-20-2016 09:30 AM

Have never been to a Rally either when can we sign up?

SeaDog 10-20-2016 09:34 AM

the way it was explained to me you have to wait for the magic date (sometime after first of year) then be very fast on the draw because spots magically disappear within minutes. Good luck