Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   The Rally Zone | F.R.O.G. Events (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/)
-   -   AUG 6-12 2017 - GOSHEN IN - FROG International (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/aug-6-12-2017-goshen-in-frog-international-116205.html)

birdman77 05-31-2017 06:59 AM

Being a member does not guarantee a full hook-up site... I have been a member for 2 years and am 0 for 2 on full hook-up... But that is ok... For us the pump out works great... The only drawback is on Saturday when you need to dump... Last year a gentleman in the club sent me away from the site I chose to pull into to dump even though the site was empty... Not very friendly in my opinion.

birdman77 05-31-2017 08:13 AM

But the nice thing was the next site we choose was next to a very nice couple from Wisconsin that we had a lengthy conversation about our next destination... Wisconsin! Sometimes things happen for a reason.

SYE 05-31-2017 08:35 AM

Full hook up is nice, but not necessary unless you are one of those elitists that demand it, and then you might as well stay home because there are no guarantees

Joe_GA 05-31-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman77 (Post 1520546)
Being a member does not guarantee a full hook-up site... I have been a member for 2 years and am 0 for 2 on full hook-up... But that is ok... For us the pump out works great... The only drawback is on Saturday when you need to dump... Last year a gentleman in the club sent me away from the site I chose to pull into to dump even though the site was empty... Not very friendly in my opinion.

Wow! I can't believe it. :eek: That person had a heck of a nerve. Several people backed in near me to dump. I'm glad they could. No CCRVOC member owns the sewage system.

keith52 05-31-2017 01:34 PM

After the rally I saw 1/2 a dozen folks from the inside track E/W sites back into the FHU sites. Sounds like someone was having a bad day.

Herk7769 05-31-2017 01:47 PM

Yes, once the rally ends and folks start leaving, an empty FHU is fair game to dump before leaving. Anyone who chased you out was just being a, well, not nice. ;)

RVChick 06-01-2017 08:33 AM

Hey FROG [emoji196] Bob!
Do you know which dealers will be on site, showing their campers?

SYE 06-01-2017 08:35 AM

You in the market for one

RVChick 06-01-2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYE (Post 1521620)
You in the market for one

I'm a girl....I'm always shopping!

Mr. Dan 06-01-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith52 (Post 1520959)
After the rally I saw 1/2 a dozen folks from the inside track E/W sites back into the FHU sites. Sounds like someone was having a bad day.

It was suggested by "MGMT" that we E/W only folks could/should use unoccupied FHU sites for dumping so I did. A member who is on here much asked me "what are you doing?" so I told him. He said "well, I guess that'll work." I'm assuming he hadn't been paying attention to the suggestion/permission that we do that. :(

dblr 06-01-2017 08:45 AM

Yes as FROG Bob said any full hook up site will work as a dump station when leaving, I would suggest that folks look for a site in the 200 section on the main drag, I believe Maple street in the fairgrounds, hopefully some parked there will have left and will work as a pull thru as opposed to a back in site. Bob or Mike correct me if I am wrong on the street name please.

Cowracer 06-01-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVChick (Post 1521621)
I'm a girl....I'm always shopping!

Its a Phat Phrog tradition now. Someone in the group has to find a new camper at Goshen. ;)

Tim

dblr 06-01-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowracer (Post 1521722)
Its a Phat Phrog tradition now. Someone in the group has to find a new camper at Goshen. ;)

Tim

Pus we can all act as consultants to help spend your money :roflblack::roflblack:

Capt. Mike 06-01-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblr (Post 1521631)
Yes as FROG Bob said any full hook up site will work as a dump station when leaving, I would suggest that folks look for a site in the 200 section on the main drag, I believe Maple street in the fairgrounds, hopefully some parked there will have left and will work as a pull thru as opposed to a back in site. Bob or Mike correct me if I am wrong on the street name please.

The 200 number sites aren't really pull-through sites
They are back-to-back back-in sites that CAN be driven through, assuming both of the back-to-back occupants have left. When leaving, you can dump at any empty FHU site, but don't count on it being a pull through. There are very few, if any, really pull through sites on the fairgrounds.

dblr 06-01-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Mike (Post 1521746)
The 200 number sites aren't really pull-through sites
They are back-to-back back-in sites that CAN be driven through, assuming both of the back-to-back occupants have left. When leaving, you can dump at any empty FHU site, but don't count on it being a pull through. There are very few, if any, really pull through sites on the fairgrounds.

Sorry Mike, that was what I was thinking if both sides left it would make a pull thru

AquaMan 06-01-2017 10:58 AM

There are quite a few that leave on Friday, but there are also those that may appear to be gone (may have their unit at the factory) but are coming back. If it appears empty and you're only dumping and not staying, I say it's fair game. I would also have a few choice words with anyone who ATTEMPTED to make me move (except for maybe FROGBob :D ). :roflblack: :D

SYE 06-01-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowracer (Post 1521722)

Tim

It would be me if I could get enough for my Columbus. I want an 2017 XLR 415amp

AquaMan 06-01-2017 11:15 AM

I'm done, for a couple years anyway! :cool: It's Karen's turn and I'll be more than happy to help her spend Kenny's $$$$ :D :D :roflblack:

SYE 06-01-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaMan (Post 1521803)
I'm done, for a couple years anyway! :cool: It's Karen's turn and I'll be more than happy to help her spend Kenny's $$$$ :D :D :roflblack:

And here I thought you were "Flooded" with money!!

aceinspp 06-01-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaMan (Post 1521785)
There are quite a few that leave on Friday, but there are also those that may appear to be gone (may have their unit at the factory) but are coming back. If it appears empty and you're only dumping and not staying, I say it's fair game. I would also have a few choice words with anyone who ATTEMPTED to make me move (except for maybe FROGBob :D ). :roflblack: :D

We do this all the time when we attend the race in Atlanta. When the folks are moved out by Monday morning we head to the full hook up area and dump. No issues there and fair game.:D Later RJD