Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   The Rally Zone | F.R.O.G. Events (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/)
-   -   AUG 6-12 2017 - GOSHEN IN - FROG International (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/aug-6-12-2017-goshen-in-frog-international-116205.html)

aceinspp 02-04-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAT-RN (Post 1414033)
Never saw any locks on the gates when I was there ?

Russell

Did you ever go in? You say you do not do rallys. So just saying from things Ive read. Later RJD

CAT-RN 02-04-2017 07:55 PM

Was there last year.

Russell

aceinspp 02-04-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAT-RN (Post 1414145)
Was there last year.

Russell

So did ya just waltz in? Later RJD

glsimms 02-04-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceinspp (Post 1414158)

Yes Lawrence Welk was playing.... :roflblack:

dblr 02-05-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

It was kind of like that, I found him wandering around the infield!!!! Glad I got a chance to meet him, had a nice quick visit.:trink39:

RKNOLA 02-05-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Yes, he did kind of just "waltz in". He came to visit us. He picked us up, we all drove around the fairgrounds, then we all left to go to dinner. No problems getting back through the gate when he dropped us off either.

CAT-RN 02-05-2017 11:00 AM

I had my car in stealth mode. In under the radar!!

Russell

RKNOLA 02-05-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAT-RN (Post 1414488)
I had my car in stealth mode. In under the radar!!

Russell

yeah, "stealth mode"...... plus that $5.00 bill he slipped the guy at the door also helped..........

SYE 02-05-2017 11:20 AM

I hope to go

Forbes 02-05-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowracer (Post 1411868)
So... Getting Forest River to change injectors on my tow vehicle is out of the question, eh? :roflblack:

Tim

I was going for a hydraulic roof lift to be added to our CC and set of hydraulic left steps.

B and B 02-06-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAT-RN (Post 1414145)
Was there last year.

Russell

I can report Cat RN was there. I was getting Big Red back from the detailer and missed his visit.

youroo 02-06-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B and B (Post 1415597)
I can report Cat RN was there. I was getting Big Red back from the detailer and missed his visit.

Now wait a minute You were NOT there but You know he was? :confused::roflblack: Youroo!! :us-flag-waving:

CAT-RN 02-06-2017 07:14 PM

AUG 6-12 2017 - GOSHEN IN - FROG International

Quote:

Originally Posted by youroo (Post 1415601)
Now wait a minute You were NOT there but You know he was? :confused::roflblack: Youroo!! :us-flag-waving:

Not the first time he has been confused. Lol. Northern logic!!

Missed my visit but had dinner with me ??

Russell

Juju 02-10-2017 10:20 AM

registration

Has anyone heard when a person can register for 2017 FROG Intl. rally? Also, when can one register to volunteer?
Thanks.

Mr. Dan 02-10-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juju (Post 1418189)
Has anyone heard when a person can register for 2017 FROG Intl. rally? Also, when can one register to volunteer?
Thanks.

I moved this post from another thread.

Can someone answer the question about volunteers?

On registration: keep watch on the FROG site ( Forest River Owners Group - The official owner's group of Forest River RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles. ) for the opening of registration - usually in late March / early April.

breezyhillfarm 02-10-2017 02:27 PM

So, how will it be?

Has the registration process and the site designation been decided for the August rally? If it's going to be just plopping rigs anywhere around the fair grounds and not with like-kind rigs, I would like to know.

If registration opens before placement is decided, will refunds be issued if the registration is cancelled?

I only have two weeks of vacation this year and need to plan wisely.

F.R.O.G. 02-10-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juju (Post 1418189)
Thanks.

Registration will open about the first week of April on the FROG website, Forest River Owners Group - The official owner's group of Forest River RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles..

If you're interested in volunteering, you can send me a note at frog@forestriverfrog.com with just the word VOLUNTEER in the subject. If you're interested in a particular job, please let me know. I CANNOT GUARANTEE AT THIS POINT THAT EVERYONE WILL BE SELECTED FOR THE JOB HE OR SHE REQUESTS.

F.R.O.G. 02-10-2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm (Post 1418341)
Has the registration process and the site designation been decided for the August rally? If it's going to be just plopping rigs anywhere around the fair grounds and not with like-kind rigs, I would like to know.

If registration opens before placement is decided, will refunds be issued if the registration is cancelled?

I only have two weeks of vacation this year and need to plan wisely.

We cannot guarantee that all units will be parked by brand. I'm sorry if that's a major inconvenience. I've had two couples who have told me that they will not come unless I guarantee that they are parked with others of the same brand. I'm sorry, but we'll miss them this year.

Up until 2015 we did not charge a cancellation fee. The situation was horribly abused, and in many cases we got last-minute cancellations just because people changed their minds, forgot they had a conflict, or other reasons. Not only does it cause a major headache, but by then many people who were on standby had made other plans and reservations, and lost their chance to attend. Last year we instituted a $100 cancellation fee, and will do it again this year to try to cut back on that.

This year we will be doing some parking on the fly. Because we have to come in this year the week immediately following the fair, some of the fairgrounds staff will still be laying out water and electric lines as some of our early arrivals are coming in. This is a major issue, but the week that we wanted for this year was booked by someone else three or four years ago. (We've now locked up that week for the next five years.)

I'm sorry if I sound a little curt here, but if parking next to a similar brand is so critical that it makes the difference in coming or not coming, I wouldn't take the risk. I hope that's not the case.

breezyhillfarm 02-10-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. (Post 1418369)
We cannot guarantee that all units will be parked by brand. I'm sorry if that's a major inconvenience. I've had two couples who have told me that they will not come unless I guarantee that they are parked with others of the same brand. I'm sorry, but we'll miss them this year.

Up until 2015 we did not charge a cancellation fee. The situation was horribly abused, and in many cases we got last-minute cancellations just because people changed their minds, forgot they had a conflict, or other reasons. Not only does it cause a major headache, but by then many people who were on standby had made other plans and reservations, and lost their chance to attend. Last year we instituted a $100 cancellation fee, and will do it again this year to try to cut back on that.

This year we will be doing some parking on the fly. Because we have to come in this year the week immediately following the fair, some of the fairgrounds staff will still be laying out water and electric lines as some of our early arrivals are coming in. This is a major issue, but the week that we wanted for this year was booked by someone else three or four years ago. (We've now locked up that week for the next five years.)

I'm sorry if I sound a little curt here, but if parking next to a similar brand is so critical that it makes the difference in coming or not coming, I wouldn't take the risk. I hope that's not the case.

Curt, or actually direct, is fine, Bob. Now we have the parameters and can make an informed decision.

Thanks.

BamaBob 02-10-2017 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm (Post 1418384)
Curt, or actually direct, is fine, Bob. Now we have the parameters and can make an informed decision.

Thanks.

X2 did not sound curt to me either - as we say in the South "It is what it is" :D

Just a brief aside for those attending their 1st or 2nd FROG International Rally -- this is a HUGE logistical undertaking that will completely consume FROG Bob & MAMA FROG for the next several months. Be patient if you email direct - Bob is answering your and 2,000 other emails ;)

If you can spare a few hours of your time at the rally, please consider volunteering - this is what makes the rally 'POP" !!

Anne-Marie and I regret that we will not be able to attend this year - we retire in December and have a zillion other things nipping at our heels this year.

We WILL attend in 2018 though!!