Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   The Rally Zone | F.R.O.G. Events (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/)
-   -   May 5-7 2017 Tadpole Rally! (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/may-5-7-2017-tadpole-rally-125333.html)

youroo 01-19-2017 10:19 AM

May 5-7 2017 Tadpole Rally!

Tadpole Rally Date is May 5-7 2017
Little Farm on the River C/G Rising Sun,IN.
Call 812-438-4500 to make Reservations
NOTICE - All Sites are FULL-
Call the C/G to be placed on the "Waiting List"
Thanks, Youroo!! :camperfam::us-flag-waving:

B and B 01-19-2017 10:52 AM

Very Popular rally i must say! We are looking forward to fun and hijinks that I am sure will prevail!

aceinspp 01-19-2017 11:15 AM

If it happens in 2018 we will make it then. Later RJD

Cowracer 01-19-2017 11:36 AM

Gonna be .... (wait for it)... EPIC!

Tim

aceinspp 01-19-2017 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowracer (Post 1402845)
Gonna be .... (wait for it)... EPIC!

Tim

Will do:D Later RJD

Cowracer 02-14-2017 09:17 AM

Awful quite on this thread. Are people not getting exited for one of the first rallies of the year?

Tim

SilhouettePenny 02-14-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowracer (Post 1421174)
Awful quite on this thread. Are people not getting exited for one of the first rallies of the year?

Tim

I wish someone would exit the rally so I could make a reservation! Although you probably meant excited.

Cowracer 02-14-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny (Post 1421348)
I wish someone would exit the rally so I could make a reservation! Although you probably meant excited.

It takes a man of weak moral fiber to upbraid another man on his spelling. :roflblack:

Actually, my spelling is usually fine. I just type at about 120 wpm but I can only spell at about 100 wpm

Tim

B and B 02-14-2017 06:44 PM

2017 Tadpole Rally!

Looking forward to it. Have new passports and plans to precamp in April to get everything ready to roll.

SilhouettePenny 02-14-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowracer (Post 1421449)
It takes a man of weak moral fiber to upbraid another man on his spelling. :roflblack:

Actually, my spelling is usually fine. I just type at about 120 wpm but I can only spell at about 100 wpm

Tim

"Weak moral fiber" pretty much defines my character. But I'm pretty good at bootlegging across state lines, repairing flat tires on 5th wheels and I carry a better than average "eye candy" copilot.

Still waiting for that call from the Tadpole committee when one of you decides to take a river boat cruise that weekend!

aceinspp 02-14-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Tim

Picky Picky who care about how we spell we no longer of age to give a hoot:roflblack: Later RJD

B and B 02-18-2017 09:12 AM

Quote:

Tim

Suppose to be Warm here today, Reaching 55 to 60 F. Snow will melt. Going to wash the Truck and Car as it will be HUGE to get rid of salt for a block or two. :roflblack:

B and B 02-18-2017 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Charging my battery for the Fiver. Getting Ready.

Attachment 130144

Labdudette 02-22-2017 09:45 PM

There was a cancellation and we got a spot at the rally! I'm looking forward to the first rally this year.

mt_creative 02-22-2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labdudette (Post 1427953)
There was a cancellation and we got a spot at the rally! I'm looking forward to the first rally this year.

Is there a website about these events? I googled it and got this thread instead of any extra info.

I'm new and haven't heard what to expect... heck it took me a hot second to understand why FROGs were even a thing [emoji18]

Are there vendors there with gadgets, a bunch of people partying, organized events, family fun etc?

Cowracer 02-23-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mt_creative (Post 1427977)
Is there a website about these events? I googled it and got this thread instead of any extra info.

I'm new and haven't heard what to expect... heck it took me a hot second to understand why FROGs were even a thing [emoji18]

Are there vendors there with gadgets, a bunch of people partying, organized events, family fun etc?

Some rallies are actually put on by the Forest River Owners Group (F.R.O.G), and some are put on by F.R.O.G. members and not an "official" F.R.O.G. conducted rally. Which is not to say that F.R.O.G. doesn't help out promoting it, or maybe even help sponsor it a little. Tadpole Rally is a member put-on rally. Bear in mind that the Forest River Forums (FRF) (this site) is not actually a Forest River (FR) affiliated site. The FRF co-exists and works closely with FR, but FR does not control it

FrogBob runs the actual FR-affiliated Owners Group (F.R.O.G) and does very well keeping the F.R.O.G website up to date on events. Forest River Owners Group - The official owner's group of Forest River RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles. .

Rallies vary greatly in size and what's there. Some rallies (like the massive International Rally) have buildings full of vendors, new units to look over, seminars, dinners, and other events. Some smaller rallies are just a way for like-minded people to get together for a weekend of camping. Looking at the "sticky" section of the Rally Zone on the FRF will show scheduled rallies, Dates and what state, along with the name. You can go to the threads for any that interest you and ask more detailed questions about that particular rally.

Just about every rally is family-friendly more or less. Some (Like Frog-toberfest) generally draw fewer kids (although young Miss Paetyn pretty much stole everyone hearts last year). You can plan on rallies falling somewhere between Sunday school and Animal House (I know, that leaves a LOT of room open), but you can always ask for each individual rally.

You are most welcome at ANY rally that has open spots. Some sell out very quickly. Don't worry about being a newbie or not fitting in. The people at rallies are wonderful, and I have made some true friendships with people I have met at them. By my nature, I am usually very reluctant to go try new things (took my wife nearly 10 years to get me on a cruise). I don't even like going to new restaurants unless someone grabs me by the ears and drags me into it. I was pretty apprehensive about our first rally. That lasted about 5 minutes after we arrived.

Hope this answered some of your questions. Feel free to ask more if you need to.

Tim

youroo 03-08-2017 09:21 AM

Cowracer,thanks for replying to RV Chick about the "2017 Tadpole Rally Thread"!:thumbsup: The Tadpole is Full and a waiting list is in effect! All of the Members who are signed up will be receiving their "Rally Update" soon! Looking forward to the "7th Tadpole Rally" Rollin on the River!:signhavefun: Youroo!! :us-flag-waving:

lowbubba 03-08-2017 12:19 PM

For some of us, we look forward to see who almost goes into the river. Also, keep a close eye on your firewood. It has a habit of disappearing in the middle of the night.

RVChick 03-08-2017 02:38 PM

Thanks Cowracer!!!
Found it!!
I am sooooo excited to go to this rally!!!

RVChick 03-08-2017 08:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here was my view from last year!! The sunsets were amazing!!
Attachment 131395