Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Towing, Tow Vehicles, Hitches & Toads (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Bogus cargo capacity sticker (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f12/bogus-cargo-capacity-sticker-141016.html)

SecretSquirrel 08-02-2017 07:58 PM

Bogus cargo capacity sticker
 
1 Attachment(s)
So below is the CCC sticker from my 2006 f250 6.0 diesel. Tell me it's not wrong. No way in heck can 461lbs be correct. Your "5 passengers" alone would have to be under 100lbs each..

Attachment 146920

Wobbles 08-02-2017 08:05 PM

Wow! Something real fishy there. I mean WOW! I think the POS Yugo had more CCC that that.

rsdata 08-02-2017 08:09 PM

heck... 16 KG is only like 34 pounds... someone messed it up

Wobbles 08-02-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel (Post 1582508)
So below is the CCC sticker from my 2006 f250 6.0 diesel. Tell me it's not wrong. No way in heck can 461lbs be correct. Your "5 passengers" alone would have to be under 100lbs each.

Go here and put in your VIN# , its on your sticker in the picture...

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do


It says you have the "10,000 LB. GVW"

GalsofEscape 08-02-2017 08:17 PM

does it also say only 16 kg?
that does not make sense either as 461 lbs = 209 kg

TakeItEasy 08-02-2017 08:23 PM

I wonder if it is supposed to be 461kg or 1016 lb.

N6ZCM 08-02-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wobbles (Post 1582525)
Go here and put in your VIN# its on your sticker in the picture...

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do


It says you have the "10,000 LB. GVW"

Yes the vehicle could be 10,000 lb rating... BUT that is the tire specs rating not the truck, could be cheaper tires with a much much lower load index... if it is 108 load index then that is 4400 lbs on the front and rear if the curb weight on the front is 4000 and the rear is 2800 then yeah I could see a 461.

Time for some new tires:trink39::trink39:

Wobbles 08-02-2017 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That sticker has been doctored... Not even the same font and note the KG's and LB

doc73 08-02-2017 08:28 PM

Could be much more believable... I would (if it is yours) take it to a Ford dealer and get them to order a new sticker that is right. the 10k GVWR does not tell you anything. My truck is 10k GVWR but I have a 2500lbs payload.

doc73 08-02-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wobbles (Post 1582538)
That sticker has been doctored... Not even the same font and note the KG's and LB

The numbers are printed after the fact, the stickers are pre made.

Blender 08-02-2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel (Post 1582508)
So below is the CCC sticker from my 2006 f250 6.0 diesel. Tell me it's not wrong. No way in heck can 461lbs be correct. Your "5 passengers" alone would have to be under 100lbs each.



Well what about the 16kg? Yea that's why I think those stickers are plain stupid just be smart and know what a 1/2,3/4, and 1+ tons are capable of.

Wobbles 08-02-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc73 (Post 1582540)
Could be much more believable... I would (if it is yours) take it to a Ford dealer and get them to order a new sticker that is right. the 10k GVWR does not tell you anything. My truck is 10k GVWR but I have a 2500lbs payload.

Just me going to the dark side. :) Hope the OP does go get that checked out.

doc73 08-02-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blender (Post 1582558)
Well what about the 16kg? Yea that's why I think those stickers are plain stupid just be smart and know what a 1/2,3/4, and 1+ tons are capable of.

The problem is people are not smart and do not know what they can do hence the stickers..

OP: How long have you has this truck to just notice this?

Blender 08-02-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc73 (Post 1582564)
The problem is people are not smart and do not know what they can do hence the stickers..



OP: How long have you has this truck to just notice this?



Agreed! Noted!!!

mogman 08-02-2017 08:44 PM

That's why it's called a "light truck"!!

aufinger 08-02-2017 08:55 PM

If I was going to guess, I say it should be 1116 KG which is 2461 lbs. Larry G.

SecretSquirrel 08-03-2017 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wobbles (Post 1582525)
Go here and put in your VIN# , its on your sticker in the picture...

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do


It says you have the "10,000 LB. GVW"

Yep, says that on the regular VIN label next to that bogus CCC sticker.

SecretSquirrel 08-03-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blender (Post 1582565)
Agreed! Noted!!!

To Doc73, thanks for the personal attack on my intelligence.

I posted this sticker up specifically because some on this forum like to point to like its gods answer to everything. It isn't. This one is obvious to the most casual observer that its incorrect. Most here agree with that. Was trying to simply point out that one shouldn't believe everything they read (on the internet or on their trucks!).

To the rest that replied, thanks for the replies. My actual VIN sticker does in fact show 10,000lb GVWR and 6100 rear GAWR and 5200 front GAWR. It does it fact have the size tire on the sticker although not original (I bought the truck used and have since replaced them). Load range "E" with max payload of 3185 at 80psi. So no issues there.

Like mentioned I might just take it to the Ford dealer and say "please explain this" and see what kind of answer I get. I'll have them get a new sticker just appease the CCC sticker police on the forum even though anyone with any sense knows it's wrong.

Again, thanks to those that just wanted to participate in nice conversation about it. Looking forward to conversing with you all again. I do believe there are a lot of people here with valuable input to provide, myself included. I'm not new to this. Been towing a 33ft Jayco TT for years....

Again, thanks everyone. :signhavefun:

hbillsmith 08-03-2017 04:54 PM

It's a 3/4 ton truck so the GVWR should be 10,000#. Go to a truck stop and fill your gas/diesel tank. Then drive around to the CAT scale and weight the truck. Subtract the truck weight from 10,000 and the remainder is your true cargo carry.

doc73 08-03-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel (Post 1583368)
To Doc73, thanks for the personal attack on my intelligence.

I posted this sticker up specifically because some on this forum like to point to like its gods answer to everything. It isn't. This one is obvious to the most casual observer that its incorrect. Most here agree with that. Was trying to simply point out that one shouldn't believe everything they read (on the internet or on their trucks!).

To the rest that replied, thanks for the replies. My actual VIN sticker does in fact show 10,000lb GVWR and 6100 rear GAWR and 5200 front GAWR. It does it fact have the size tire on the sticker although not original (I bought the truck used and have since replaced them). Load range "E" with max payload of 3185 at 80psi. So no issues there.

Like mentioned I might just take it to the Ford dealer and say "please explain this" and see what kind of answer I get. I'll have them get a new sticker just appease the CCC sticker police on the forum even though anyone with any sense knows it's wrong.

Again, thanks to those that just wanted to participate in nice conversation about it. Looking forward to conversing with you all again. I do believe there are a lot of people here with valuable input to provide, myself included. I'm not new to this. Been towing a 33ft Jayco TT for years....

Again, thanks everyone. :signhavefun:

Not sure what part is a personal attack but whatever my friend, enjoy.:signhavefun:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.