Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Forester and Sunseeker (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   bad service, sorry long (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f15/bad-service-sorry-long-141997.html)

santarich 09-28-2017 10:04 AM

I can't explain what happened to you, but at the Colton Mike Thompsons RV, I have had noting but a positive experience. hey have repaired 2 of my RV's there and done a very good job! The repaired my Trend after a fender bender and you couldn't tell it was ever in an accident. Now I have a Coachman Leprechaun that had massive roof and hood damage after a hail storm in Texas and they replaced the roof and fixed the hood and it looks like new!

Philkaty 09-28-2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by santarich (Post 1634744)
I can't explain what happened to you, but at the Colton Mike Thompsons RV, I have had noting but a positive experience. hey have repaired 2 of my RV's there and done a very good job! The repaired my Trend after a fender bender and you couldn't tell it was ever in an accident. Now I have a Coachman Leprechaun that had massive roof and hood damage after a hail storm in Texas and they replaced the roof and fixed the hood and it looks like new!

I am glad you had have a great experience. I just went to the SantaFe Springs one and it started out ok, but ended up with bad customer service again. Don't know why people think that you are dumb? just because they work there doesn't mean you are the one that doesn't know anything about the RV.

Total Loss 09-28-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philkaty (Post 1634769)
I am glad you had have a great experience. I just went to the SantaFe Springs one and it started out ok, but ended up with bad customer service again. Don't know why people think that you are dumb? just because they work there doesn't mean you are the one that doesn't know anything about the RV.

I bought mine from Santa Fe Springs and I knew any service would be a battle. I knew that going in. Luckily I am very handy and will fix just about anything myself.

I had a leaky and shorted out LED taillamp and rather than going there, I e-mailed the service manager my info, a couple of photos of the taillamp and they sent me one. It required some follow up as they did not get right on it but I eventually got it and installed it myself.
No other warranty issues that would warrant a return trip.

Santa Fe Springs has a history of bad service after the rig is purchased- from what I heard.
I do have a local Forest River dealer in my town also should anything arise...luckily.

Philkaty 09-28-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Total Loss (Post 1634786)
I bought mine from Santa Fe Springs and I knew any service would be a battle. I knew that going in. Luckily I am very handy and will fix just about anything myself.

I had a leaky and shorted out LED taillamp and rather than going there, I e-mailed the service manager my info, a couple of photos of the taillamp and they sent me one. It required some follow up as they did not get right on it but I eventually got it and installed it myself.
No other warranty issues that would warrant a return trip.

Santa Fe Springs has a history of bad service after the rig is purchased- from what I heard.
I do have a local Forest River dealer in my town also should anything arise...luckily.

They just had a turnover in the foreman and managers in service. The foreman did talk to me for awhile after I got it back and he is trying to change things for the better, but as we all know nobody likes change and old dogs don't do new tricks....