Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Tips and Tricks (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f88/)
-   -   Please show a little respect for others. (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f88/please-show-a-little-respect-for-others-143686.html)

TheWolfPaq82 09-04-2017 05:53 PM

Please show a little respect for others.
 
Just got home from a long weekend holiday and wanted to share a couple things with Newbies...and a couple full timers. Number One: If you put up a 20' flagpole in the middle of your campsite...that's great ! but you don't need 8 high intensity SPOT LIGHTS !! illuminating the pole, the campsite and 80% of the campground. The park ranger finally came around sunday night and pulled the plug on them. Number Two: when you're at the dump station...don't pull up to the "Water filling station" unlock the trailer, pull out 50' of hose, water filter, assorted adapters, and begin assembling contraption to fill your tank...ONLY TO FILL IT AND PROCEED TO THE DUMP STATION TO FLUSH THEIR TANKS WITH IT. These were "Full timers", there were 9 trailers behind them, including me, two dump stations and luckily I chose the other line and 5 trailers dumped and left before they finished. They were washing windows, wiping down the trailer, before they started flushing. Number Three: When you're at a campground that has dual side by side dump stations...Pick a Line !! don't park in the middle and wait to see who gets done first. One yahoo parked his gigantic toyhauler about 200 yrds from station, in the center of the drive and sat and waited to see who was going to get done first.

CedarCreekWoody 09-04-2017 06:06 PM

Some people just have no concept of courtesy or consideration for how their actions affect others. I would like to be kind and say they are just clueless, but I really think they are just so inconsiderate that they really don't care they are inconveniencing others.

TitanMike 09-04-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody (Post 1614603)
Some people just have no concept of courtesy or consideration for how their actions affect others. I would like to be kind and say they are just clueless, but I really think they are just so inconsiderate that they really don't care they are inconveniencing others.


Nobody ever calls people on their bad behavior anymore. There used to be a time when they were told "go to the back of the line" or "where are your manners".

I remember back to an experience that caused all of us that witnessed it to laugh so hard we got hiccups.

Happened at a small town service station and someone "from the big city" pulled in for gas. This was in the days when full service was the norm. While the gas was being pumped and the station owner's wife was checking oil, the car owner proceeded to empty his full ashtray on the pavement beside the car.

The station owner's wife finished checking the oil and noticed the pile of "butts" on the pavement. Not a word was spoken. She went to the service bay and came back with a whisk broom and dustpan, sweeping the butts into the pan. She then opened the back door of the car and deposited them in the back seat. Closed the door, removed the nozzle, replaced cap, then went back to the driver and collected the money due for the gas.

I was working for the oil company at the time and this gal was legend in the company. She ran the station with an Iron Hand and even plowed the snow in the winter time.

As for the customer? He filed a complaint with the company and the Customer Complaint department merely replied " if you'd used the waste can this wouldn't have happened".

Different times.

eye95 09-04-2017 06:30 PM

Oh, they know how it will affect others. They just don't care.

TheWolfPaq82 09-04-2017 06:39 PM

HAHAHAHA !!! That's awesome !!
eye95...you are soooooo right.

TheWolfPaq82 09-04-2017 06:44 PM

A little sidebar to my original post. Our two week old grandson came out and spent the night with our 2 year old grandson and 4 year old granddaughter...and he was fantastic. Little guy slept....."Like a Baby"....hehe. He really did sleep well next to mom and dad. First time we've packed 9 into our trailer....and it wasn't crowded. YEAH !!!

Iwannacamp 09-04-2017 07:00 PM

Please show a little respect for others.
 
Many things have changed. I think the worst problem is lack of love for the fellow man.
Let it be about sexual orientation, race, religion or even some 3rd world country and most are just full of compassion, but not just general love for thy neighbor.

TheWolfPaq82 09-04-2017 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwannacamp (Post 1614692)
Many things have changed. I think the worst problem is lack of love for the fellow man.
Let it be about sexual orientation, race, religion or even some 3rd world country and most are just full of compassion, but not just general love for thy neighbor.

So true...shameful but true.

CindyB 09-05-2017 12:43 PM

Fourth of July we were at a beach/state park that is near our home. Overnight spots were all taken and the day use spots were filling up rapidly in the morning. Two jerks (apparently friends), each in campers, parked next to each other, but with one empty parking spot in between them. They proceeded to place their bicycles, BBQs, and other stuff in the empty parking spot. We were waiting for additional family members and hoping they would be able to get a parking spot so I walked over to them and very politely said, "You know, this is a very busy holiday and a lot of people are looking for parking spots. It isn't really fair to use up one spot for your stuff, especially if you didn't pay for it." Both guys went off on me with profanity and telling me to mind my own f-ing business. I just smiled, walked down to the ranger's kiosk, and ratted them out. Two minutes later, two rangers came and told them to remove all their stuff from the parking spot and if they caused any more problems, they would be asked to leave the park. I just couldn't believe that people could be so thoughtless!!

Ejs4029 09-05-2017 12:45 PM

Unfortunately there are those who believe they are entitled to do whatever they please…..Good luck calling them out on it….In this day and age your likely risking physical assault.

Vetnam67 09-05-2017 12:48 PM

That's life though, you'll ALWAYS have the 10% of non-conformist, always!

TonyShope 09-05-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 (Post 1614591)
When you're at a campground that has dual side by side dump stations...Pick a Line !! don't park in the middle and wait to see who gets done first. One yahoo parked his gigantic toyhauler about 200 yrds from station, in the center of the drive and sat and waited to see who was going to get done first.

Unless I read this wrong, the Yahoo who parked 200 yards away and the one guy are different folks.

If I have arrived at the dump station before you and if you check merge laws while driving (no they do not apply at a private CG) I am going to ride the center so I am next and in order. It is kind of like being at the grocery store and they open a new line. The cashier says who is next. Naturally it is the person behind the one being attended to. What did you lose by the person who stayed in between awaiting the next turn? Surely you did not lose your place in line as you were behind him/her. They properly awaited an open station and took their turn in order. Do you feel because maybe you chose the faster lane where the folks were wiping down their RV you should have been ahead of the next RV in line?

RailwayRog 09-05-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ejs4029 (Post 1615363)
Unfortunately there are those who believe they are entitled to do whatever they please…..Good luck calling them out on it….In this day and age your likely risking physical assault.

Got to agree with you there!

Larry Cole 09-05-2017 02:23 PM

bad manners
 
I'm sure we have all run into the ignoramus and the ignorant who don't think about what they are doing or what effect it has on others. But one thing I have discovered time and time again is, you can't fix stupid. Enjoy the happy times and try to forget the idiots.

Sharon455 09-05-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyShope (Post 1615433)
Unless I read this wrong, the Yahoo who parked 200 yards away and the one guy are different folks.

If I have arrived at the dump station before you and if you check merge laws while driving (no they do not apply at a private CG) I am going to ride the center so I am next and in order. It is kind of like being at the grocery store and they open a new line. The cashier says who is next. Naturally it is the person behind the one being attended to. What did you lose by the person who stayed in between awaiting the next turn? Surely you did not lose your place in line as you were behind him/her. They properly awaited an open station and took their turn in order. Do you feel because maybe you chose the faster lane where the folks were wiping down their RV you should have been ahead of the next RV in line?

X2!! I personally prefer the zipper merge since it is fairer to everyone in line.

rockfordroo 09-05-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyShope (Post 1615433)
Unless I read this wrong, the Yahoo who parked 200 yards away and the one guy are different folks.

If I have arrived at the dump station before you and if you check merge laws while driving (no they do not apply at a private CG) I am going to ride the center so I am next and in order. It is kind of like being at the grocery store and they open a new line. The cashier says who is next. Naturally it is the person behind the one being attended to. What did you lose by the person who stayed in between awaiting the next turn? Surely you did not lose your place in line as you were behind him/her. They properly awaited an open station and took their turn in order. Do you feel because maybe you chose the faster lane where the folks were wiping down their RV you should have been ahead of the next RV in line?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharon455 (Post 1615492)
X2!! I personally prefer the zipper merge since it is fairer to everyone in line.

X2! Except maybe if the single line is becoming so long that it is preventing other people from leaving.

Restcure 09-05-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfordroo (Post 1615496)
X2! Except maybe if the single line is becoming so long that it is preventing other people from leaving.

Yes and yes! By all means do the zipper merge, as long as there's enough room for everyone.

Chaplain Kent 09-05-2017 03:00 PM

I was a campground host at a state park for many years and can write volumes on what I saw. Some of my favorites were the campers using a circular saw to cut up old furniture for firewood, inviting a DJ to a campground cookout, and then inviting over one hundred people to join you at a family reunion on one campsite. It is truly remarkable what people are capable of doing.

glsimms 09-05-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent (Post 1615509)
I was a campground host at a state park for many years and can write volumes on what I saw. Some of my favorites were the campers using a circular saw to cut up old furniture for firewood, inviting a DJ to a campground cookout, and then inviting over one hundred people to join you at a family reunion on one campsite. It is truly remarkable what people are capable of doing.

Hmmm.... While we won't have a DJ, we will have many at our annual Halloween Shindig. We have had as many as 50 to 60 people in the past. To accommodate everyone we reserve 3 to 4 campsites. Never had any complaints as a matter of fact, we even invite others to chow down if they want to.

TonyShope 09-05-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharon455 (Post 1615492)
X2!! I personally prefer the zipper merge since it is fairer to everyone in line.

That is exactly what I thought I said I agree. If most people understood this concept traffic jams would be reduced by an estimated 75% according to the Highway commission. Here in the states we are not good at that. As a 26 year year Military Police and Cop I know it works. Unfortunately it usually takes an officer pointing left and right to get traffic moving.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.