Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   The Rally Zone | F.R.O.G. Events (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/)
-   -   Cost of attending FIR (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/cost-of-attending-fir-152906.html)

MainelyUS 02-10-2018 04:45 PM

Cost of attending FIR
 
We are planning on attending this year's FROG International Rally and would like info on "what type of budget should we plan on" for this event.
Thank you for your inputs.
Happy :us-flag-waving: Trails

CZNEDY 02-10-2018 05:46 PM

Having been there three times and driving from Mass, I can tell you it's about 1000 miles for us. The rally was $625 for two last year (I think). Then, depending on how many paid excursions snow you go on, that is another $150-$250. Then of course, a 30 pack of Bud Light delivered to my site for providing the first response. All in all, less than $1,000 bucks or about 50 cents a mile. Well worth it. You will enjoy the trip

Wobbles 02-10-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CZNEDY (Post 1728249)
Having been there three times and driving from Mass, I can tell you it's about 1000 miles for us. The rally was $625 for two last year (I think). Then, depending on how many paid excursions snow you go on, that is another $150-$250. Then of course, a 30 pack of Bud Light delivered to my site for providing the first response. All in all, less than $1,000 bucks or about 50 cents a mile. Well worth it. You will enjoy the trip

^^^ First responder. :eek: You should be asking a higher price. :roflblack::roflblack::trink39:

spock123 02-10-2018 06:14 PM

Then donít forget the Rise N Roll crack house that puts the weight on and that weight has to be worked off. The rally is a lot of fun, a place to see old friends and make new friends,

Mr. Dan 02-10-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spock123 (Post 1728270)
Then donít forget the Rise N Roll crack house that puts the weight on and that weight has to be worked off. The rally is a lot of fun, a place to see old friends and make new friends,

... and Das Dutchman Essenhaus and the Blue Gate Restaurant and the Shipshewana Flea Market and .......

spock123 02-10-2018 07:51 PM

The hot pretzels at the flea market. I'm going to go early if Daisy Boykin is going.

F.R.O.G. 02-11-2018 02:17 PM

Last year's prices were:

$525 for two adults in an RV
$375 for one adult in an RV
$150 for additional person age 12 or over
No charge for additional person under 12

We're still working on pricing, tours, and other details for this year. We expect that registration will again open in early April and will be announced well in advance.

camaraderie 02-11-2018 07:36 PM

Mainely...also would note to start paying attention here daily beginning in April and get your reservation in as soon as you see instructions. The spots sell out in just a few days. WELL worth it...especially if you have some things that need attention to fix on the RV.

aceinspp 02-11-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaraderie (Post 1729126)
Mainely...also would note to start paying attention here daily beginning in April and get your reservation in as soon as you see instructions. The spots sell out in just a few days. WELL worth it...especially if you have some things that need attention to fix on the RV.

Last year sold out in 23 hrs. Later RJD

camaraderie 02-11-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceinspp (Post 1729133)
Last year sold out in 23 hrs. Later RJD

Heh... took 3 days in 2016...guess the word is out! :D

F.R.O.G. 02-11-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaraderie (Post 1729137)
Heh... took 3 days in 2016...guess the word is out! :D

We couldn't believe it ourselves!

Quest9914 02-12-2018 08:03 AM

Cost for attending FIR
 
I'd add money for meals. 2 summers ago, we attended our first rally. Meals were of a small proportion. The dinners ran out and some folks didn't get to eat.
If some people are big eaters, that is fine. Over $500 to park on a fairground leaves money for a meal. 2 sandwich slices of meat is a fairly small meal.
The solution was to post a lady to watch how much food was being taken. We were ok but others weren't. Nice rally for repairs, but we left early and will not attend again.

AquaMan 02-12-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quest9914 (Post 1729347)
I'd add money for meals. 2 summers ago, we attended our first rally. Meals were of a small proportion. The dinners ran out and some folks didn't get to eat.
If some people are big eaters, that is fine. Over $500 to park on a fairground leaves money for a meal. 2 sandwich slices of meat is a fairly small meal.
The solution was to post a lady to watch how much food was being taken. We were ok but others weren't. Nice rally for repairs, but we left early and will not attend again.

That wasn't the case at the last rally, or any rally prior to the 2016 year. I believe the caterer that year was a bit overwhelmed by the masses. The 2017 caterer (used in the past) was much better and with better food. I've attended 4 Goshen rallies and never came away disappointed.

aceinspp 02-12-2018 08:18 AM

Also folks tend to take more food than they need at first and do not think about other folks. I think they have solved that problem by having servers dish out. Ya can always go back for 2nd if everyone is served and food left. Later RJD

W5CI 02-12-2018 11:06 AM

I would like to see the Meal plan as an Option, I never ate the breakfast and none of the meals in 2016. The wait and noise make the evening meals very unpleasant

Mr. Dan 02-12-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quest9914 (Post 1729347)
I'd add money for meals. 2 summers ago, we attended our first rally. Meals were of a small proportion. The dinners ran out and some folks didn't get to eat.
If some people are big eaters, that is fine. Over $500 to park on a fairground leaves money for a meal. 2 sandwich slices of meat is a fairly small meal.
The solution was to post a lady to watch how much food was being taken. We were ok but others weren't. Nice rally for repairs, but we left early and will not attend again.

Thanks!

F.R.O.G. 02-12-2018 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W5CI (Post 1729501)
I would like to see the Meal plan as an Option, I never ate the breakfast and none of the meals in 2016. The wait and noise make the evening meals very unpleasant

We've looked at that idea in the past, but don't have any plans to implement it. The monitoring, issuing and collecting tickets at all entrances, and other administrative issues would be a major nightmare.

Oakman 02-12-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quest9914 (Post 1729347)
I'd add money for meals. 2 summers ago, we attended our first rally. Meals were of a small proportion. The dinners ran out and some folks didn't get to eat.
If some people are big eaters, that is fine. Over $500 to park on a fairground leaves money for a meal. 2 sandwich slices of meat is a fairly small meal.
The solution was to post a lady to watch how much food was being taken. We were ok but others weren't. Nice rally for repairs, but we left early and will not attend again.

Based on last yearís rally thereís a lot more to the rally than just camping at a fairgrounds for $500. BTW, you will get a minimum of 30 amp electric and water hookup. Along with the large number of meals that are provided, there are usually a couple of nights of included entertainment. Also you have the opportunity to visit some of the RV factories which includes free transportation to and from those factories. If you never seen how an RV is built this is a ďmust do.Ē

There are also quite a number of RV related seminars included with the price. You can learn a lot at those seminars. There will also be a vendor area with plenty of opportunity to buy ďgoodiesĒ for your RV and possibly win prizes.

Forest River will also set up an RV display with a wide variety RVís to tour. You will also have the opportunity to have your RV serviced by factory technicians. That alone is worth the entrance fee.

The single biggest benefit of attending the FROG International Rally is the chance to meet and make new RV friends. If you canít make new friends at this rally then thatís on you.

There are a lot more reasons to attend this rally but my arthritic fingers are getting sore so I think Iíve typed enough. Hopefully Iíll be lucky enough to get my registration in quickly enough that I can attend the rally.

Cowracer 02-20-2018 11:24 AM

If you complain about the food, you've never choked down some of Turb's pulled pork.

(he's been AWOL from the forum for a while, so I feel safe rattling his cage a little)

Tim

Cowracer 02-20-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakman (Post 1729560)

Forest River will also set up an RV display with a wide variety RV’s to tour.

That fact right there made our cost to attend last years rally about $35,000

Tim


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.