Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Welcome Mat (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f63/)
-   -   new to the forum fromm the Thumb of Michigan (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f63/new-to-the-forum-fromm-the-thumb-of-michigan-16234.html)

big john and dog 09-06-2011 06:39 PM

New to the forum from the Thumb of Michigan

my name is john

My wife Laurie and Dog bella have been camping for quite a while. We started in a tent and bought a 33 ft pull behind camper 12 yrs ago . l'm looking to up grade to a 5 er looking at Wildcats and Cardinals and a used one . Hope to be able to add a trailer for hauling my harley also
we Live in the thumb of Michigan near Sandusky
Hope to have fun here and learn a few things and share some of the things we have learned

big john and dog:anim_snoopy:

Itsthetwoofus 09-06-2011 06:57 PM

Hey John, it's about time to leave the thumb for the winter isn't it? Will after fall maybe.:D
I used to deliver semi loads of booze to the State Liqueur store there in Sandusky and I really hated coming to the thumb in the winter..Caro, Bad Axe and Sandusky.
We live in Grand Ledge just west of Lansing and spend winters in AZ. I don't miss the snow and cold at all.
Are retired yet? Where do you camp over there?

kalik282 09-06-2011 07:37 PM

:welcomesign: to the forum! Good luck on finding just the right trailer!

John

Gl111349 09-06-2011 07:45 PM

Coming our way

Big John and dog, my wife and myself and our dog Annie are heading up Michigan way the last week of Sept. We leave Iowa and head up the western side of the state up to Traverse City and then up across the upper pa. What are the changes of hitting peak time for colors. I will be filling my two 30 lb propane tanks as I am pretty sure we will need the furnace at night.
This is our third trip up that way but all of the othes have been in the summer not the fall. Should I worry about snow:)

tentcamper1 09-06-2011 08:21 PM

WELCOME to the forum!!

Lawdog 09-15-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gl111349 (Post 130220)
Big John and dog, my wife and myself and our dog Annie are heading up Michigan way the last week of Sept. We leave Iowa and head up the western side of the state up to Traverse City and then up across the upper pa. What are the changes of hitting peak time for colors. I will be filling my two 30 lb propane tanks as I am pretty sure we will need the furnace at night.
This is our third trip up that way but all of the othes have been in the summer not the fall. Should I worry about snow:)

I live in the eastern U.P and help answer. The colors have started to changeslightly , but I think you will time it about right.. We got down to 32 above last night and will again tonight so the colors will start changing in earnest now... I would say good colors over the next 3 weeks....

Good call on the propane tank fills.. You WILL need them... Im headed to Muskallonge State Park tonight for the weekend, they are having a rock show ( Agates ) in the park with venders discussions etc... Suppose to be on the 60's-70's this weekend...