Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (
-   FR3 (
-   -   Lesson Learned about bleech in the lines (

gomatthew 08-10-2018 04:34 PM

Lesson Learned about bleech in the lines
Long story short, I sucked a gallon of concentrated Clorox bleech into the fresh water tank to rid any algae from growing with this hot humid summer. I pretty much got distracted and left it in there for 48 hours which may not have been a problem for the fresh tank lining, but I ran all the faucets before I left, so bleach water remained pressurized in all of the faucets throughout the coach. When I finally emptied out the fresh water tank, a small pinhole had been eaten through my nonmetallic kitchen faucet neck. No other faucets were affected, that I know of.

Update on post: my external shower nozzle was also eaten through.

lesson of the story is I probably should have just left it in for 6 hours and then completely flush the system.

GalsofEscape 08-10-2018 04:40 PM

you really should not use concentrated bleach either - use diluted bleach at 1/4 cup of bleach for every 15 gallons.

JohnD10 08-10-2018 04:56 PM

Way too much bleach was the problem...

I use 1 1/2 cups of plain old Clorox bleach for my 45 gallon fresh water tank, run it out of ALL faucets, outside shower and toilet, then leave it overnight...

Then completely flush the whole system two or three times.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.