Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   FR3 (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f232/)
-   -   A/C leaking FR3 (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f232/a-c-leaking-fr3-169184.html)

RDANGER 08-28-2018 05:48 PM

A/C leaking FR3

Anyone here have issues with A/C leaking in the MH....had it checked out 3 weeks ago, and they said that they ran it all day and it didn't leak.....I run it for 4 hours and I have a flood....how do you add a video?

Rita

Combatcoal 08-28-2018 06:55 PM

Clean the ac filter, then report back to us if it is still leaking

DutchRv 08-28-2018 08:16 PM

Yep. Most likely 'sucking' in condensation. I always keep the filter clean and run on medium to prevent this.

RDANGER 08-31-2018 02:38 PM

a/c

Cleaned the filter before we started it up.....ran it at 74 on Medium.....leaked 15 minutes again after I started it up..

loadtoad1a7 08-31-2018 03:00 PM

Have you checked to make sure your drain holes are not clogged and causing the water to drain into the camper instead of off the roof?

DutchRv 08-31-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDANGER (Post 1916321)
Cleaned the filter before we started it up.....ran it at 74 on Medium.....leaked 15 minutes again after I started it up..

Mmm. Perhaps condensation coming back in from under the seal? Take off ceiling cover and give all 4 bolts a full turn or 2. I did this as well

Could also be cracked or damaged styrofoam 'drainpan'?

frankie D 09-02-2018 08:32 AM

Make sure the coach is level I am told everything a/c doors refrigerator roof drains all are built around the coach being level

HortMi 09-04-2018 12:53 AM

If you are referring to it leaking when it's not raining, here is a post from the FRS Face Book page. Great Page and info!

For those of you with an FR3, any model, that have a problem with the AC unit dripping water... I sent an email to Attwood/Dometic AC folks and this is what I got back one hour. Send an email to their support Center, from their web site, and ask for part # 3315930.010. It is a new inside cover and filter that will stop the leaking and make the air much colder. I sent that email today, and when I responded to say thanks, I was told the parts would be sent to my house on Monday. Just tell them what yo have and that it drips, and you can also get one or 2 sent out to you. There will be an additional part that they will send out to cover up the screws, in about 4 weeks they said. Some folks got those replaced at the FROG rally in Goshen this week. I found out about this too late for the techs to do it. Good Luck...
This is the FaceBook Page,
Forest River FR3 Class A Motorhome Owners Group

RDANGER 09-04-2018 05:58 AM

thank you for the info....could you please send me an email address for Dometic??

Rita

HortMi 09-04-2018 02:11 PM

The best way to connect with Dometic is to go their web site. Dometic.com and scroll down to contact then. There is a quick for to fill out with your info and what you are contacting them about. They are very quick to return messages.

DavidMPDK 09-07-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HortMi (Post 1918752)
If you are referring to it leaking when it's not raining, here is a post from the FRS Face Book page. Great Page and info!

For those of you with an FR3, any model, that have a problem with the AC unit dripping water... I sent an email to Attwood/Dometic AC folks and this is what I got back one hour. Send an email to their support Center, from their web site, and ask for part # 3315930.010. It is a new inside cover and filter that will stop the leaking and make the air much colder. I sent that email today, and when I responded to say thanks, I was told the parts would be sent to my house on Monday. Just tell them what yo have and that it drips, and you can also get one or 2 sent out to you. There will be an additional part that they will send out to cover up the screws, in about 4 weeks they said. Some folks got those replaced at the FROG rally in Goshen this week. I found out about this too late for the techs to do it. Good Luck...
This is the FaceBook Page,
Forest River FR3 Class A Motorhome Owners Group

WOW, I emailed their site and they responded and sent the part (no cost to me) in 3 days. Great customer service!
The only problem is there are no instructions on how to install it. It says to use tech but that isn't possible for a few months. I hope I can figure this out. Does anyone have a clue? I wish there was a video. Thanx in advance. Happy FR3 travels.

Decon Blue 09-07-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMPDK (Post 1921949)
WOW, I emailed their site and they responded and sent the part (no cost to me) in 3 days. Great customer service!
The only problem is there are no instructions on how to install it. It says to use tech but that isn't possible for a few months. I hope I can figure this out. Does anyone have a clue? I wish there was a video. Thanx in advance. Happy FR3 travels.

Email them back and ask for install instructions.

DavidMPDK 09-07-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decon Blue (Post 1921964)
Email them back and ask for install instructions.

Thanx for the replay. That is what I did. I ask for a PDF if possible. If I get one I will post it for others.

krhutchings 10-15-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMPDK (Post 1921990)
Thanx for the replay. That is what I did. I ask for a PDF if possible. If I get one I will post it for others.

Any luck with the instructions?

DutchRv 10-15-2018 11:27 AM

I just installed it myself. I'll do a write up asap, it was easy

Kentucky Bob 10-16-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchRv (Post 1950480)
I just installed it myself. I'll do a write up asap, it was easy

I would like to see your write up also

Kentucky Bob

krhutchings 10-19-2018 10:07 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Hi All,
Update on the install.

I contacted Dometic and requested 2 of the part # 3315930.010.
customersupportcenter@dometic.com

The items were sent out right away along with an email that they are working on a trim piece because this one is a bit smaller than the original.

Install...
Removed 6 screw covers and square nut screws from old vent cover and it pops off.
Attachment 189540

Used 13mm ratchet, then after a few turns, a screw gun to remove the 4 long bolts securing the black plastic cover.
Attachment 189541Attachment 189542

After inspection I built up some of the foil, about 1 1/2 inches where the new vent will contact the left and right sides of the wall. This would be to prevent air from slipping by.
Attachment 189543

Attached the long angled baffle to the short one on the main bracket. The tape is on the short one, peeled it and stuck it on.
Attachment 189546

Placed up large opening forward and reinstalled the 4 long bolts that attach to the upper unit. My understanding is there should only be 5-7 lbs of torque since you do not want to over compress the foam gasket. This also lets you tighten as the years go by and the gasket naturally compresses.

This is where I am not sure if the white insulation goes on the front or the back of the baffle. I cut and placed on the front side because there is a bit extra on each side which I felt would help hold everything in place.Attachment 1Attachment 189547

Pop out the filter and vent from new cover carefully with a flat head screwdriver.
Attachment 189548

Place with large opening forward and screw into place with supplies square head screws.

Attachment 189549

I did use 4 of the original screws to secure the vent to the ceiling. I am not sure this was needed.

Snapped in the filter and vent.

It does seem like a larger flow of air with the vent open and with a larger intake I hope it will address the issue of the air pressure holding the condensation water in and not preventing it to drain.

I can not test if it has fixed the issue since it has dropped into the 30ís in New Jersey.

Waiting for the trim piece that they will be sending to cover the 6 holes.

Hope this helps!

Ken

Kentucky Bob 10-19-2018 10:29 AM

GREAT WRITE UP :trink39:
Thanks for putting this together.

One question though. What trim piece for covering what 6 holes ?

Thanks,

Bob

Kentucky Bob 10-19-2018 10:52 AM

What is the part number for the trim piece ?

Bob

krhutchings 10-19-2018 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The company said when they are designing the trim piece and sending them out to everyone who received the kit. You can see them here.

Attachment 189559
The original six holes from the old cover will be visible since the new one is smaller.
Ken