Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Appliances and Electronics (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/)
-   -   Dometic Refrigerator Electronic Power Control Box problem (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/dometic-refrigerator-electronic-power-control-box-problem-171801.html)

gypsypup 10-06-2018 10:35 PM

Dometic Refrigerator Electronic Power Control Box problem

Wondering if anyone would know about this item listed below.

Dometic part no. 2890189422 $604.
Dometic Refrigerator Electronic Power Control Box Kit -
Model: RM5801

It looks like my box may have a problem but canít test because it is sealed and it is a new design with no fuses. Wonder if Dometic may know if there is way to reset or test, but of course I have not been successful in conversing with Dometic technical support, and my camping world dealer service is of no help as they just want to replace everything but that would equal price of new fridge.
Situation:
Note: Donít start asking about breakers and fuses because there is live 120v and 12v power to back of fridge.

Absolutely everything else works in my RV, AND the fridge works good on LP and 12v, but not on 120v.

The service man can not diagnose this box because it is sealed ( filled with resin). there is live 120v into said box, and 120v heating element tests good. .(disconnected leads and tested continuity).

Control panel on front of fridge works normally like everything is working and tests that it is talking with power box (120v starts flashing when shore power disconnected) but 120v into power box will not switch out to 120v heating element..

I think a high electrical spike is what shut the box down.

Anyone had experience with this or know a reset??

Johnfort 10-06-2018 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsypup (Post 1944430)
Wondering if anyone would know about this item listed below.

Dometic part no. 2890189422 $604.
Dometic Refrigerator Electronic Power Control Box Kit -
Model: RM5801

It looks like my box may have a problem but canít test because it is sealed and it is a new design with no fuses. Wonder if Dometic may know if there is way to reset or test, but of course I have not been successful in conversing with Dometic technical support, and my camping world dealer service is of no help as they just want to replace everything but that would equal price of new fridge.
Situation:
Note: Donít start asking about breakers and fuses because there is live 120v and 12v power to back of fridge.

Absolutely everything else works in my RV, AND the fridge works good on LP and 12v, but not on 120v.

The service man can not diagnose this box because it is sealed ( filled with resin). there is live 120v into said box, and 120v heating element tests good. .(disconnected leads and tested continuity).

Control panel on front of fridge works normally like everything is working and tests that it is talking with power box (120v starts flashing when shore power disconnected) but 120v into power box will not switch out to 120v heating element..

I think a high electrical spike is what shut the box down.

Anyone had experience with this or know a reset??

No experience with this issue. But check with Dinosaur Boards for a replacement.