Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Cedar Creek (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   New 34IK (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f23/new-34ik-175163.html)

MikeRP 03-23-2019 07:20 PM

Ok folks, my wife and I are commissioning our new 34 IK this weekend. I found the black tank storage tube. I was lining the slide mechanism and walla there it was big a day. Lol

I have found two problems no three not found earlier. Stove is having a hard time lighting. Well itís just not lighting.

And most importantly, along the front cap seam on the curved section the chalk was nil. Glad my coach is stored ina warehouse or this would have been a big deal. Everyone check you seams!

Other than that everything is functioning.

Screw fell out of the lock mechanism today. No biggie, I didnít count that one. Also found a screw on the black tank storage tube that needed tightened.

MikeRP 03-23-2019 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 199495

Pano of dinner in our new Coach!

SimchaSabre 03-23-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeRP (Post 2053794)
Attachment 199495

Pano of dinner in our new Coach!

Where did you guys go?

MikeRP 03-23-2019 10:18 PM

We are at Alum Creek State Park in central Ohio.

SimchaSabre 03-24-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeRP (Post 2053919)
We are at Alum Creek State Park in central Ohio.

Full hook up? Curious how filling the FW Tank went w/o gravity fill.

Daycruiser 03-25-2019 06:59 PM

Got word today that our 34IK comes off the line on Wednesday and then off to the paint shop for a month. Looking like first week of May for delivery.

tcrossan 03-25-2019 07:07 PM

What and where is the black tank storage tube???

tomkatb 03-25-2019 07:09 PM

Mike

We are at Mammoth cave in Ky this week. Nice little mom and pop rv place, Singing Hills.

Used our gas oven for the first time last night. Oven was tough to lite. First I turned on a burner to make sure gas was ok. Then you turn the dial to pilot. Push the dial in. Hit the burnrer light switch.

Fought me. The DW had to show me I did something wrong! Duh!

MikeRP 03-25-2019 07:58 PM

Hey where is the burner light switch? I pushed mine In this morning, rotated counterclockwise to the flame icon itís starts clicking then finally the pilot lights and I keep turning counterclockwise and it lights the main burner.

MikeRP 03-25-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomkatb (Post 2055446)
Mike

We are at Mammoth cave in Ky this week. Nice little mom and pop rv place, Singing Hills.

Used our gas oven for the first time last night. Oven was tough to lite. First I turned on a burner to make sure gas was ok. Then you turn the dial to pilot. Push the dial in. Hit the burnrer light switch.

Fought me. The DW had to show me I did something wrong! Duh!

I like Mammoth Cave, we went there and stayed at the KOA 2 years ago. We found a nice local winery down there and of course thereís part of the bourbon trail.

The best cave tour we took was down the stainless steel staircase. Itís as crazy as I would ever get. The big cave tour is also good if you havenít done it. But itís a great place to camp!

MikeRP 03-25-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcrossan (Post 2055443)
What and where is the black tank storage tube???

The black tank storage tube is behind the rear axle in front of the spare tire. I was cleaning and lubing the hydraulic jacks and I found it.

It held my main hose but it closes tightly and I found a loose screw on it that needed tightening.

MikeRP 03-25-2019 08:10 PM

New 34IK

3 Attachment(s)
Ok hereís my recap and a few questions Iíve posed to the Owners Forum.

This weekend was part one of our commissioning trip for our 2019 34IK. I was really pleased.

Oven was hard to start, after 2 days messing with it, it finally lit the pilot.

Level up system was great. I used it with the Anderson blocks on the jacks around the wheels. Good results and the Coach was very solid.

Everything else functioned well. Heat Pump was not working below 30 degrees or so.

I inspected the roof and was very impressed with the seal job. Much better than my old Sunseeker.

I cleaned and lubed the slide mechanisms.

i know I looked before but the chaulking in the front cap from the curve down was severely deficient. I went to a Montana RV dealer close and got some tan chaulking. Looked perfect.

I organized all the compartments.
Slept like a rock.

Problem: The back passenger side jack will not retract all the way. Itís about two inches down. I cycled the leveling system twice, cleaned and lined all of them and still not change.Any ideas?

Loved the In Command system. Nice awning and security lights.

It looks light I might be able to do a 90 degree turn with the slider in the normal position. If that true, dang it. Look like it misses the cab by somewhere between one inch and two.

The bad. I had this mistake going into the storage area. Do you guys think I should replace the drivers side tires?
See pics I was going slow but didnít notice and dropped the tires over a big curve.
Thanks for any help!

Attachment 199818
Attachment 199816Attachment 199817

tomkatb 03-27-2019 08:15 AM

If going slow the tires are likely ok.

My fiver has the G rated tires though.

Added some good items yesterday.

Bluetooth battery monitor. Transmits to the cellphone rv battery voltage with running out of battery warnings. About $40

Mopeka lp tank level monitors. About $70.

Had the Jensen stereo with the sound bar. Sounded ok. Added a Yamaha subwoofer. About $160. Really improved the sound.

Adding handles to the sliding mirrors in the bedroom. $14

Heavier shocks to the bed lift. Ours came with the standard king shocks. Too weak for the fancy foam king mattress with a topper. $60.

Enjoying coffe from the Kerrigan coffee maker. Green Mountain Dark Magic.

MikeRP 03-27-2019 10:41 AM

Love it!! Can you send me the model on that Bluetooth battery monitor?

Where did you put the subwoofer and how did you hook it up?

MikeRP 03-27-2019 10:43 AM

What about a Blu-ray player or PS4.

SimchaSabre 03-27-2019 12:13 PM

And also the LP level monitor.

poolbug054 03-27-2019 12:13 PM

Our new 34IK (2020 model per paperwork) arrived at the dealer yesterday. I went to the dealership to give it a quick look. The full walk through inspection is planned for April 1st for which the dealer said to plan on several hours. One thing I noticed was the toilet. It appears to be installed at a slight angle. Iím thinking itís the flange installed incorrectly. I plan to add this to the list of issues to resolve. What does everyone think? Does this seem like a major fix or would you bother with this fix?Attachment 1

Daycruiser 03-27-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poolbug054 (Post 2057052)
Our new 34IK (2020 model per paperwork) arrived at the dealer yesterday. I went to the dealership to give it a quick look. The full walk through inspection is planned for April 1st for which the dealer said to plan on several hours. One thing I noticed was the toilet. It appears to be installed at a slight angle. Iím thinking itís the flange installed incorrectly. I plan to add this to the list of issues to resolve. What does everyone think? Does this seem like a major fix or would you bother with this fix?Attachment 1

Leave nothing off the list.

tomkatb 03-27-2019 03:25 PM

The battery monitor is called battery monitor II.

Bought at Amazon, about $40. Easily installed in the fuse panel.

The subwoofer is installed in my cabinet next to the stereo. I am sure it is different than yours. I bought the Yamaha that would barely fit on the shelve. About 18” x 20”x6” high.

Just the right amount in the fiver. Trying not to annoy the neighbors. Much.

Ran the included cord between the speaker and radio.

SimchaSabre 03-27-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomkatb (Post 2056814)
If going slow the tires are likely ok.

My fiver has the G rated tires though.

Added some good items yesterday.

Bluetooth battery monitor. Transmits to the cellphone rv battery voltage with running out of battery warnings. About $40

Mopeka lp tank level monitors. About $70.

Had the Jensen stereo with the sound bar. Sounded ok. Added a Yamaha subwoofer. About $160. Really improved the sound.

Adding handles to the sliding mirrors in the bedroom. $14

Heavier shocks to the bed lift. Ours came with the standard king shocks. Too weak for the fancy foam king mattress with a topper. $60.

Enjoying coffe from the Kerrigan coffee maker. Green Mountain Dark Magic.

Can you show a pic of the closet handles. I didn't think I could add them because of door interface.