Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f185/)
-   -   Need some moderator help... (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f185/need-some-moderator-help-216393.html)

SniperDroid 09-12-2020 01:44 PM

Need some moderator help...

When I joined the forum under my old email address, I signed up for, or just started getting an email every day with new posts in it. It comes from a noreply+feedproxy@google email address. I really appreciate getting because I have learned a lot from them, and have also been highly entertained by others. Problem is, it goes to an email address I will be killing soon. I have already changed my email address everywhere in the forum I can find, but they still go to the old address. How can I migrate those to my new address?

AFDON 09-12-2020 01:57 PM

Had the same problem. I wound up just resubscribing under the new address, using the same user info and unsubscribing the old address.

Flybob 09-12-2020 02:38 PM

You need to resubscribe using your new address. The tool that handles the email digest is not interactive and is not automatically provided with your new email. Unsubscribe your old address to save bandwidth.

wmtire 09-14-2020 03:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperDroid (Post 2412040)
When I joined the forum under my old email address, I signed up for, or just started getting an email every day with new posts in it. It comes from a noreply+feedproxy@google email address. I really appreciate getting because I have learned a lot from them, and have also been highly entertained by others. Problem is, it goes to an email address I will be killing soon. I have already changed my email address everywhere in the forum I can find, but they still go to the old address. How can I migrate those to my newaddress?

At the bottom of the newsletter email you are currently receiving, in fine print, is an "unsubscribe link. Click on it to unsubscribe from the newsletter ( which is your old email address)

Then on the full forum, click the community dropdown arrow, and then the newsletter option. This will allow you to subscribe and input your new email address.

SniperDroid 09-14-2020 05:30 AM

wmtire, thanks for the info. I have tried it a couple of times. I got unsubed OK. But when I click on Newsletter, nothing happens. I am signed in , and the ad blocker is turned off on this site.

wmtire 09-14-2020 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperDroid (Post 2413025)
wmtire, thanks for the info. I have tried it a couple of times. I got unsubed OK. But when I click on Newsletter, nothing happens. I am signed in , and the ad blocker is turned off on this site.

Let me look into that, as I also am not getting it now...either in firefox or chrome (and cleared cookies)

Will be contacting our tech team.

Janet H 09-15-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperDroid (Post 2413025)

We're working on getting that link fixed (it may be another day or so).

wmtire 09-15-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet H (Post 2414027)
We're working on getting that link fixed (it may be another day or so).

Thanks Janet.