Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   General Community Discussions (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Buying a New Forest River Product? (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/buying-a-new-forest-river-product-216959.html)

momraising5boyz 10-01-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don in the Surveyor (Post 2420479)
going out this Sunday for a week at the beach. Our plan is to see this country before the idiots burn it down.
:signhavefun:

We have had our Rockwood Mini Lite 2511s a full year. Thanks to Covid we only got out 3 times. The dealer has had it twice. The first time was for issues in the PDI. This last time was a leak issue in the shower. Our appointment wasn't until Oct 2nd. We dropped it off early to clear the driveway for some maintenance. DH called yesterday just to see what the ETA was. To our delight it was ready. We leave tomorrow for a week at the beach. Just in time for our 25th wedding anniversary! We love or TT just the right size for us! We also want to do some traveling before this country is torn apart.
:camperfam:

dmctlc 10-01-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momraising5boyz (Post 2424855)
We have had our Rockwood Mini Lite 2511s a full year. Thanks to Covid we only got out 3 times. The dealer has had it twice. The first time was for issues in the PDI. This last time was a leak issue in the shower. Our appointment wasn't until Oct 2nd. We dropped it off early to clear the driveway for some maintenance. DH called yesterday just to see what the ETA was. To our delight it was ready. We leave tomorrow for a week at the beach. Just in time for our 25th wedding anniversary! We love or TT just the right size for us! We also want to do some traveling before this country is torn apart.

That's great news glad everything worked out for you both. Congratulations on your 25th Wedding Anniversary enjoy it. IMHO, nothing beats camping being outdoors around the campfire. How can you not love it. :campfire:

momraising5boyz 10-01-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmctlc (Post 2424932)
That's great news glad everything worked out for you both. Congratulations on your 25th Wedding Anniversary enjoy it. IMHO, nothing beats camping being outdoors around the campfire. How can you not love it. :campfire:

I agree 100% I always ask "can't we stay longer?"

Freetyme 10-02-2020 06:21 PM

While looking for our first camper, the R pod really stood out. About to bite the bullet, looking for a light weight trailer. The wet bath kind of turned us both off. After rethinking we settled on a 2109s minilite. 4 years moved up to a 2511s, still the same tow vehicle F150. Happy we went that route because both MiniLites have been very good to us. Only regret was to not bypass the 2109s and go a little larger ,up to what the tow vehicle could handle. Lifestyle matters too. If we were to travel cross country, would probably rather have the Rpod. That wasn't in the cards then. Now, If we were to, I may look into an F250. Quite a comfort difference between the 2109s and 2511s, but also more weight.

Diver Medic 01-22-2021 04:42 PM

I'm looking to save 2-3 thousand dollars. I can pick up my new RV outside the Manufacturer. Where are the Wildcats made?

bikendan 01-22-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diver Medic (Post 2485146)
I'm looking to save 2-3 thousand dollars. I can pick up my new RV outside the Manufacturer. Where are the Wildcats made?

FR does not sell any of their products direct to the consumer. So you couldn't pick up at the manufacturer.
Wildcats are made in the Elkhart area, just like the other 95% of RVs. The Wildcat Maxx is made in Oregon and not available East of the Rockies, unless it's a used model.

TEDRONEJR 01-22-2021 05:32 PM

We bought a 2017 R-Pod 178. Only two issues with it - the strap that hangs from the frame to support the black tank exit tube was frail - fractured after a few hundred miles. FR fixed under warranty with a strap that had a rubber shock absorber. That lasted a few thousand miles. I finally got a local welding ship to make me a stainless steel strap bent at one end - I put stainless steel pipe clamps around the tube and the bend. Fine now.

The other issue was the converter - It would not charge the battery and it was intermittant -so was hard to pin down. Actually ruined a battery thinking it was fixed once. A friend and I took out the converter board and found a couple of solder connections that were black (had arced). Fixed those and now all is OK.. HOWEVER - never travel without a battery charger that can put out 10 amps. As long as you have place to plug it, you'll always have dc power that way - just clamp it to the battery terminals if you need to.