Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   General Community Discussions (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Adding deep winter floor mats to vinyl floor? (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/adding-deep-winter-floor-mats-to-vinyl-floor-217087.html)

Boondock Saint 09-21-2020 09:06 PM

Adding deep winter floor mats to vinyl floor?

I have the flat black vinyl flooring in the front of my E450 and I want to put in some W51 WeatherTech All-Weather Front Floor Mats - Black.

These are meant to be held in place on carpet with tiny little pokey thingies.

Any ideas on keeping them from scooching around in the vinyl floor?

retiredcamper47 09-21-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boondock Saint (Post 2418509)
I have the flat black vinyl flooring in the front of my E450 and I want to put in some W51 WeatherTech All-Weather Front Floor Mats - Black.

Get the rubberized mesh that is used in kitchen drawers and shelves. It comes in rolls and different colors. Walmart and the big box stores carry it.

Bob

Tombsy 09-21-2020 10:44 PM

I tried the rubber non slip and some clips but neither worked very well, I ended up getting a one piece Lloyds carpet for the front and put the winter mats on top. No problems now.

Boondock Saint 09-22-2020 04:06 PM

Thanks for the expedient replies!

Ya there's a carpet place down the street from me, I might just stop by and try to mooch some rem from them and put that down, and then the mats on top.

woody9 09-23-2020 01:31 PM

If your part number ended in “V”, it’s designed for a vinyl floor..
The pokey things are for Carpeted floors without the Retention pins...
Sometimes the part number is molded on the back.

MR.M 09-23-2020 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boondock Saint (Post 2418509)

Yes ! Same issue in my 2500 . picked up some rubber backed carpet mats , set them down then the floor mats on top works better then good . no slippage , plus an extra layer of clean ,

RStormC 09-23-2020 03:54 PM

Go to Walmart and purchase a package or two of the plastic velcro type stuff used to attach the easy pass to the windshield. Works great for a lot of things. I always have a couple of packages in the truck.

Boondock Saint 09-24-2020 01:24 PM

Thanks for some great ideas! Much appreciated.

rsdata 09-24-2020 01:40 PM

Walmart also sells adhesive backed VELCRO ( in the fabric dept) strips and a roll of 20 feet. Cut off what you need and attached adhesive back to the vinyl and the mat.

I carry the rest of the roll of VELCRO in the trailer as I am always finding things I want to fasten so I dont lose them... like the TV remote is VELCRO'd to the TV cabinet.

Boondock Saint 09-27-2020 12:36 AM

Oh yeah! I'm gonna be needing that velcro too anyways.

Tombsy 09-27-2020 08:50 AM

I donít know what the coating on the plastic floor is but I couldnít get Velcro to stick to it. I cleaned it with alcohol maybe it needs acetone, plus the mats have mold release and need a similar cleaning.