Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Solera (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f191/)
-   -   Dometic AC for 2013 Solera 24M (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f191/dometic-ac-for-2013-solera-24m-217141.html)

TIDBIT 09-22-2020 05:41 PM

Dometic AC for 2013 Solera 24M

What is the style for this AC unit? So I can replace filter, and get a manual. It runs well, and then it shuts down and then starts again in a few seconds. Is that what is supposed to happen? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

14apex 09-22-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIDBIT (Post 2419120)
What is the style for this AC unit? So I can replace filter, and get a manual. It runs well, and then it shuts down and then starts again in a few seconds. Is that what is supposed to happen? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

...don't know style ("Model"?), but you might remove the ceiling panel...maybe just the part that may house the filter & get the #s that should be inside. RE the "shut down/re-start" -- yes, IF you have the touch (true) thermostat and if it's programmed for "auto". Sorry I can't offer more detail -- maybe someone is nearby who'll have a Solera like yours & can answer soon.

bubbles 09-22-2020 07:00 PM

Don't know your model but typically a Dometic will stop momentarily and revert to low fan speed when within about 4 of set temp with fan set to AUTO (AU).

Mikegjax 09-24-2020 07:16 AM

Remove filter cover and filter. The unit tag is in the area above the filter.

As far as the cycling, change the thermostat setting one or two degrees in either direction. That should take care of the cycling.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TIDBIT (Post 2419120)
Thank you

dnorem 09-24-2020 01:29 PM

I would also be interested to hear if anyone has found a solution to the cycling on and off problem. We seldom run our ac at night because it is constantly turning on and off. It's very annoying! I was about to try a different thermostat, but not sure that will help.

Mikegjax 09-24-2020 01:57 PM

As far as the cycling, change the thermostat setting one or two degrees in either direction. That should take care of the cycling. I have had the cycling problem and solved it with the temp setting change.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dnorem (Post 2420258)
I would also be interested to hear if anyone has found a solution to the cycling on and off problem. We seldom run our ac at night because it is constantly turning on and off. It's very annoying! I was about to try a different thermostat, but not sure that will help.

almcguire 09-24-2020 04:04 PM

Thermostat on the wall or a knob on the air box?

dnorem 09-24-2020 04:14 PM

mine is on the wall.

almcguire 09-24-2020 04:17 PM

Temperature control on the right side ?

Mikegjax 09-24-2020 04:21 PM

If you are asking me; thermostat on the wall. One more thing that can affect cycling is having a ceiling ac vent pointing toward the thermostat.
Quote:

Originally Posted by almcguire (Post 2420383)
Thermostat on the wall or a knob on the air box?

almcguire 09-24-2020 05:23 PM

The control on the thermostat is it a slide. Does the thermostat have any lights (led).

thecambridgegroup 09-26-2020 03:39 PM

The cycling on and off was continually waking me during the night. I merely changed the fan setting from auto to low and/or high and it acts during the night as white noise. The AC cycles on and off as usual, but because the fan is constantly on, it is not noticeable.

MR.M 09-26-2020 03:57 PM

Check the freeze sensor , located in the evap coils above filter make sure it in place and also that the intake is sealed well from the output side