Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Flagstaff (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   Coupler height and trailer frame (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f33/coupler-height-and-trailer-frame-219407.html)

Jrd2 10-25-2020 11:41 AM

Coupler height and trailer frame

Good afternoon,

I am waiting on the arrival of my newly purchased 2021 25BRDS, I have looked everywhere for the height from ground to bottom of coupler. I have also recieved different answers. I have ordered the off road package and not sure if that changes the height. Can anyone provide me with an accurate measurement? Also I am purchasing a weight distribution hitch and need the vertical width of the trailer frame on the tongue, thank you for the help. Any recommendations on a good weight distribution hitch?

V/r
James

Jrd2 10-26-2020 09:44 AM

Anyone?

kbirkenfeld 10-26-2020 10:31 AM

My 2018 is about 23-24 inches in height w/ trailer level. Hope that gives you an idea.

6CatDaddy 10-27-2020 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrd2 (Post 2439982)
Anyone?

Can't go wrong with an Equalizer Hitch.

Heavy duty, simple design.

Like Ford vs Chev though... gonna get lots of advice...

Get the right one, probably the 10k model.

Read up and watch Youtubes and set it up yourself so it gets done right.

kbirkenfeld 10-27-2020 07:58 AM

I agree with 6CatDaddy...I have a 10K round bar Equalizer hitch...works good and easy to adjust.

shaffjc 10-30-2020 05:29 PM

Curt TS centerline is nice; less expensive than the the Equalizer 4k

luv2skyski 11-11-2020 04:50 PM

We are in the process of ordering a Flagstaff 26FKBS and I've had a couple of questions myself (because of discrepancies between the 2020 brochure we have and what is posted on the Flagstaff website). I emailed Anthony Yoder who is the Sales contact on the Flagstaff website. AMYoder@forestriverinc.com . He emailed me back very quickly with answers to both of my inquiries. In fact, I emailed him at 3:12 and he replied at 3:30 on the first question. He did even better on the second with a reply in 6 minutes!

5picker 11-12-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2skyski (Post 2449097)
We are in the process of ordering a Flagstaff 26FKBS and I've had a couple of questions myself (because of discrepancies between the 2020 brochure we have and what is posted on the Flagstaff website). I emailed Anthony Yoder who is the Sales contact on the Flagstaff website. AMYoder@forestriverinc.com . He emailed me back very quickly with answers to both of my inquiries. In fact, I emailed him at 3:12 and he replied at 3:30 on the first question. He did even better on the second with a reply in 6 minutes!

I have dealt with Anthony a few times myself over the years and have to agree, very fast response and great service. I hope FR continues to keep folks like him in place!

Ole_blue 11-28-2020 09:23 AM

I can't answer your questing on weather or not the rame hight is different. I have my camper in the back yard right now and can measure for you but if its different than it doesn't matter.

Whats your tow vehicle? We pull with a 2018 yukon and have a 6" drop and its not quite enough drop. Another inch would be about level. The hight is the same height on the yukon as my 07 2500 that has a 6" lift. Yukon hitch is up high in the bumper not under.