Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Cedar Creek (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   Is Cedar Creek experiencing part delays? (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f23/is-cedar-creek-experiencing-part-delays-219573.html)

SacRV 10-27-2020 05:52 PM

Is Cedar Creek experiencing part delays?
 
Back in August we special ordered a Cedar Creek trailer. The dealer quoted us two months for delivery. We’re now past the 2-month mark and the dealer has informed me the trailer is complete but sitting at the manufacturer’s lot awaiting some back ordered parts. I don’t know what is back ordered just that we’re waiting on them. I’m curious if anyone else has one on order and is experiencing the same delay?

SlowrideHD 10-27-2020 05:57 PM

Most likely waiting on the air conditioners, possibly a lot more items.

Flybob 10-27-2020 06:00 PM

With the demand for RVs at an all time high, shortages are very likely especially if parts are coming from China. The problem is it only takes one small part to prevent the shipment of a major appliance. Between the demand from those displaced by forest fires and the shift to stay local recreation ( no flying) it is not likely things will ease up anytime soon. Two months on a new build is aggressive.

dieselguy 10-27-2020 06:19 PM

I can second the reply about A/C's ... Gander RV in Wichita has 2-3 ordered units built but waiting on A/C's that I overheard in conversation at the store.

accsys 10-27-2020 08:56 PM

Some friends just received their new 40CCK cottage last Saturday - it had been built and setting on the factory lot for two weeks waiting on A/Cs.

dblr 10-28-2020 06:47 AM

I was out there in late September and saw a lot of units waiting on windows as well, I believe they got caught up on a/c units finally.

si camper 10-28-2020 06:51 AM

Was recently advised by a Gander RV salesman to expect 6 to 7 months on a new Cedar Creek build order.

IICAPN 10-28-2020 01:39 PM

Delay, delay
 
One a/c went out in May. Two month wait for replacement. Body Control Module gave it up on tow vehicle at end of July. 9 week wait for replacement. Summer 2020 was a bummer.

LUM 10-28-2020 04:15 PM

They all are

Tundra 2014 10-28-2020 04:18 PM

Delays
 
We looked at several Grand Design and Van Leigh 5 Th. wheels that were shipped w/ the wrong stove or only 1 of 2 A/C units due to shortages. I have been told there are also delays due to transportation, not enough carriers to bring the trailers to TX.
We are remodeling our home and have waited over 4 months for several lighting fixtures, out of China. To a problem in other areas also.

jblack 10-28-2020 04:59 PM

So if these units are sitting, I assume outside. Are the holes in the roof where the ACs are missing and the walls where the windows are missing, being properly covered? Would be easy to get water damage with holes that large in the camper.

SlowrideHD 10-28-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jblack (Post 2441680)
So if these units are sitting, I assume outside. Are the holes in the roof where the ACs are missing and the walls where the windows are missing, being properly covered? Would be easy to get water damage with holes that large in the camper.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and surmise that the manufacturer's are aware that an open hole in the roof might possibly let in some rain. :eek:

jblack 10-28-2020 06:53 PM

I’m going go out on a limb and say they also know that they should seal up the trim instead of just put a piece of tape under it. Yet people are having slide floors rot out left and right because they don’t do that the right way either. Just because they know there is hole don’t mean they will cover it to completely keep out water.

flyflotrtim 10-28-2020 07:26 PM

Lot of parts seem in short supply. Our new trailer arrived in July with broken light globe , still haven't received the replacement.

Daycruiser 10-30-2020 05:44 AM

Not only is there going to be a big influx of used RVs hit the market in the not to distant future but they're going to be patch work RVs with lots of problems.

eye95 10-30-2020 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daycruiser (Post 2442565)
Not only is there going to be a big influx of used RVs hit the market in the not to distant future but they're going to be patch work RVs with lots of problems.

Yes. A lot of those RVs will be being sold by people who did not know what they were doing, who created a lot of problems, and who did not know how to deal with the ones that they created (or the ones that just cropped up, as happens with RVs).

If a purchaser of an RV from the glut is not an expert in evaluating a used RV, paying for such an expert would be wise move before buying a “glut RV”.

Oaklevel 10-30-2020 07:42 AM

Almost all industries are having delays. Back orders are common.

:signhavefun:

billy1davis 11-02-2020 03:59 PM

Waiting...waiting
 
They certainly are building and turning out new Cedar creeks but can't get parts that are under warranty to those of us that just bought one.:(
Has anyone tried calling or has the company responded here on this site?

Daycruiser 11-02-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy1davis (Post 2444412)
They certainly are building and turning out new Cedar creeks but can't get parts that are under warranty to those of us that just bought one.:(
Has anyone tried calling or has the company responded here on this site?


Well there's the key, you already bought one. Not trying to be a smarta$$ but they are using every part they can get to build new units and to hell with current owners. You could check with Orvan Fry at Amish Family RV and see if he can get the part you need, he has inroads with CC but even he may have trouble if they are not letting go of any repair parts.

KyDan 11-02-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daycruiser (Post 2444420)
Well there's the key, you already bought one. Not trying to be a smarta$$ but they are using every part they can get to build new units and to hell with current owners. You could check with Orvan Fry at Amish Family RV and see if he can get the part you need, he has inroads with CC but even he may have trouble if they are not letting go of any repair parts.

You have no way to know that. Why do you assume/flat out guess the worst about a reputable company??


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.