Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f99/)
-   -   dear ecoboost owners! (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f99/dear-ecoboost-owners-24795.html)

TURBS 06-14-2012 03:11 PM

dear ecoboost owners!

https://5startuning.com/onlinestore/e...d-35l-v6-.html

And

https://www.5startuning.com/f150-5.0l...ost/index.html

Len & Cheri 06-14-2012 04:13 PM

I heard Ford is showing no mercy to people that chip or tune their Ecoboosts. Just saying.

TURBS 06-14-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Len & Cheri
I heard Ford is showing no mercy to people that chip or tune their Ecoboosts. Just saying.

Lol I own a Chevy I was just trying to give them them ford guys some help.
:ROFLBLACK:

Len & Cheri 06-14-2012 04:27 PM

The F150 is king of the 1/2 ton hill right now. Better be finding some help for them other brands :roflblack:

(Just a little ribbing here, don't no one get their panties in a bunch)

Rsgtivr6 06-14-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Len & Cheri (Post 210272)
The F150 is king of the 1/2 ton hill right now. Better be finding some help for them other brands :roflblack:

Nah. Dodge still has the best ride and interior, and Chevy has the best fuel mileage. Ford just blows a bunch of hot air around....:roflblack:

tentcamper1 06-14-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1100turbo (Post 210269)
Lol I own a Chevy I was just trying to give them them ford guys some help.
:ROFLBLACK:

:roflblack: good to see your looking out for them

TURBS 06-14-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tentcamper1

:roflblack: good to see your looking out for them

I think if I say anymore this post will get shut down faster than one legged man in a sack race.

Len & Cheri 06-14-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1100turbo (Post 210289)
I think if I say anymore this post will get shut down faster than one legged man in a sack race.

I'm afraid it's headed for the big lock faster than a heartbeat:roflblack:

Rsgtivr6 06-14-2012 07:30 PM

It's all in good fun. I have a nightly go around with my Ford/Chevy buddy at work. In the end, they all do the same thing, for about the same price. It's all a matter of what team you root for.

BTW, just remember that Ram has the Long Horn. 'Nuff said...:D

:trink39:

Rsgtivr6 06-14-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Whattya mean? The one legged man would have the advantage in a sack race! He hops around ALL day!! :roflblack:

TURBS 06-14-2012 07:35 PM

Lips quivering but zipped up tight

caper 06-14-2012 08:13 PM

This thread is being said in fun. The old debate between Chevy, Dodge and Ford has been going on since the start of time. Each person has their favorite and are loyal to it. We all know that Dodge has a great interior and Chevy has great fuel mileage and Ford blows the doors of them both.

TURBS 06-14-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caper
This thread is being said in fun. The old debate between Chevy, Dodge and Ford has been going on since the start of time. Each person has their favorite and are loyal to it. We all know that Dodge has a great interior and Chevy has great fuel mileage and Ford blows the doors of them both.

U wish Lol!

pnwbrg 06-14-2012 08:27 PM

2010 F150 5.4 and I get 19.5-20 normal driving around and 9.8-12 pulling ny Windjammer. No complaints here, but I would be afraid of a little EcoBoost even with a chip.

MtnGuy 06-14-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Just keep it light and fun. Can't take these things too serious. I have a chuckle when people knock a Ford, as everyone should do when people dis their brand.

TURBS 06-14-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnguy

Just keep it light and fun. Can't take these things too serious. I have a chuckle when people knock a Ford, as everyone should do when people dis their brand.

I wasn't being to serious ;)

MilCop4523 06-14-2012 08:38 PM

I've put a cold air intake onto the 2011 we have.
It is against federal law in the United States for a manufacturer to require the use of a specific brand of air or oil filter unless it provides a replacement air or oil filter, free of charge, under the terms of the vehicle warranty. For a more thorough discussion of this law known as the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, see ourVehicle Warranty Section of our Air Filter Facts page, and our Letter Regarding Vehicle Warranty and K&N Replacement Filters.

Since I had to pay for my maintenance agreement for 5 years that makes it not free.
A tranny warranty cannot be cancelled because I put on a different exhaust either since it has nothing concerning the operation of the transmission. a Chip would not effect a defective ring int eh engine block and therefore if there was a malfunction in that area Ford (Dodge and all aother) have to prove that the mod done directly caused the part failure in order to negate responsibility

FORD Ford out runs Dodge
GMC Garage Mans Companion
Dodge Don't over do Good Excuses

bob7794 06-14-2012 08:49 PM

If you have a Tundra 5.7 you don't have to defend it...it speaks for itself.

TURBS 06-14-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob7794
If you have a Tundra 5.7 you don't have to defend it...it speaks for itself.

Whats a tundra? :ROFLBLACK:

caper 06-14-2012 09:26 PM

Tundra is the coldest of all the biomes. Tundra comes from the Finnish word tunturi, meaning treeless plain. It is noted for its frost-molded landscapes, extremely low temperatures, little precipitation, poor nutrients, and short growing seasons. Dead organic material functions as a nutrient pool. The two major nutrients are nitrogen and phosphorus. Nitrogen is created by biological fixation, and phosphorus is created by precipitation. Characteristics of tundra include:
  1. Extremely cold climate
  2. Low biotic diversity
  3. Simple vegetation structure
  4. Limitation of drainage
  5. Short season of growth and reproduction
  6. Energy and nutrients in the form of dead organic material
  7. Large population oscillations