Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Appliances and Electronics (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/)
-   -   Outside cable hookup (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/outside-cable-hookup-27014.html)

hatrick88 07-29-2012 10:01 PM

Outside cable hookup

Hi, i have a 2011 salem cruise lite 26bhxl and i do not have a cable hookup on the outside of the camper. if i install on in the storage compartment can i hook into another unused coax hookup inside and backfeed the cable signal to the other tv hookup?

Terier 07-30-2012 12:43 AM

Hi and welcome to the forums! I have a different model and my outside cable hookup is on the side with the water & power cord but I'm sure you know your trailer well and have verified that you do not have one. Sorry that I can't answer your question but hopefully others will be by to provide feedback.

I love seeing another Cruise Lite owner here on the boards! :thumbsup:

TURBS 07-30-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrick88
Hi, i have a 2011 salem cruise lite 26bhxl and i do not have a cable hookup on the outside of the camper. if i install on in the storage compartment can i hook into another unused coax hookup inside and backfeed the cable signal to the other tv hookup?

As long as it doesn't go through " over the air tv " coax.
I believe your going to have to install a "cable/ant " switch and switch back and forth when using cable or antenna.

Herk7769 07-30-2012 08:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Could you post a photo of the back of your antenna power supply?
It should have a little button and light on it to power your roof antenna.
(Like the one in the photo)

If it is a standard power supply as I suspect, you will just need to "fish" on end of a coax to the back of the plate and mount the other end outside to connect to the campground cable TV.

I would also use a weatherproof box/mount on the outside connector.

hatrick88 07-30-2012 11:44 AM

Thanks for the help. There is a switch to shut the antenna and booster off just no outside hookup source. So I figured it should work but wasn't positive. I'm gonna try back feeding tonight with a splitter and then go from there. One other question is. Does anyone know how to find the mounting blocks in the wall for a wall mount or a location online to find the information?

Herk7769 07-30-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrick88 (Post 229778)
Thanks for the help. There is a switch to shut the antenna and booster off just no outside hookup source. So I figured it should work but wasn't positive. I'm gonna try back feeding tonight with a splitter and then go from there. One other question is. Does anyone know how to find the mounting blocks in the wall for a wall mount or a location online to find the information?

I think I failed to get my point across. The power supply might have a "Cable input" on the back of the panel. If you remove the wall plate you might see a "unused" cable connector. Did you look at the manual I attached?

hatrick88 07-30-2012 04:59 PM

No I did not see any manual attached on this end of the thread only the picture I will take that wall plate off and see what information that provides me with. Thanks

kb9cfv 07-30-2012 05:49 PM

I had the same situation with the new camper we purchased, I ran the part number across Wingaurds website and pulled the manual. I had the open coax connection herk7769 is speaking of. With the amp on, it feeds the antenna on the roof, Off it switches to a park connection... I just needed to install the Park connection in question. I was able to access the wall from under the camper and go up to the access plate I installed. I then tied the coax up under the coach and entered via the floor into the center entertainment counsel I had. basically followed some electric in. My install was easy, If you do go this route just make sure to seal the opening and tape the cover under the camper. Good Luck

Herk7769 07-30-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrick88 (Post 229975)
No I did not see any manual attached on this end of the thread only the picture I will take that wall plate off and see what information that provides me with. Thanks

The attached file is right under the photo.

hatrick88 07-30-2012 08:38 PM

I found the attachment. I will have a look and compare it.