Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Appliances and Electronics (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/)
-   -   ? on Dometic 2852 fridge temp setting (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/on-dometic-2852-fridge-temp-setting-27184.html)

Wiscampsin 08-02-2012 03:43 PM

? on Dometic 2852 fridge temp setting
 
While in the process of defrosting the fridge fins I noticed the probe that is supposed to be in the temp setting slider came out. OK, no big deal, just slid it back in. My ? is should the top of the probe be flush with the top of the slider, in the middle, or flush with the bottom? And yes I looked in the manual but no mention of where it should be. TIA for your help.

TURBS 08-02-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiscampsin
While in the process of defrosting the fridge fins I noticed the probe that is supposed to be in the temp setting slider came out. OK, no big deal, just slid it back in. My ? is should the top of the probe be flush with the top of the slider, in the middle, or flush with the bottom? And yes I looked in the manual but no mention of where it should be. TIA for your help.

I put my probe at the top of the slider .
Works fine!

Herk7769 08-02-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiscampsin (Post 231444)
While in the process of defrosting the fridge fins I noticed the probe that is supposed to be in the temp setting slider came out. OK, no big deal, just slid it back in. My ? is should the top of the probe be flush with the top of the slider, in the middle, or flush with the bottom? And yes I looked in the manual but no mention of where it should be. TIA for your help.

It is the temp control for the lower fridge. Slide it up and down till the lower compartment keeps the beer cold without freezing the eggs.

TURBS 08-02-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herk7769 (Post 231463)
It is the temp control for the lower fridge. Slide it up and down till the lower compartment keeps the beer cold without freezing the eggs.

nothing wrong with a little frost on the beer either . :trink39:

Wiscampsin 08-02-2012 04:52 PM

Thanks turbo and herk. Top of the slider is where I'll put it. And I too like my drinks ice cold.

TURBS 08-02-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiscampsin
Thanks turbo and herk. Top of the slider is where I'll put it. And I too like my drinks ice cold.

Good luck!
Have a frosty one on me!

dwaynerz 08-09-2012 09:22 PM

It is the temp control for the lower fridge. Slide it up and down till the lower compartment keeps the beer cold without freezing the eggs.

best written tech advice ever. should be nominated as sig of the week :)

still-learnin 08-10-2012 02:57 PM

so, if the freezer is cold enough to freeze water, but the refrigerator is too warm, the white wire with probe on end needs to be higher on the fin? Mine does not have a clip and just droops near the plastic pan which is below the fins. It seems from all the posts I have found, that the higher the probe in the refrigerator, the cooler the refrigerator gets??? and if so I need to get a clip to keep my probe higher on the fin.

LadyWindrider 08-10-2012 03:30 PM

Still-learnin, you are correct, the higher the probe, the colder the fridge. If the clip is missing, I would find or fabricate one.

VinceU 08-10-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by still-learnin (Post 235315)
so, if the freezer is cold enough to freeze water, but the refrigerator is too warm, the white wire with probe on end needs to be higher on the fin? Mine does not have a clip and just droops near the plastic pan which is below the fins. It seems from all the posts I have found, that the higher the probe in the refrigerator, the cooler the refrigerator gets??? and if so I need to get a clip to keep my probe higher on the fin.

Should be clipped to fin, in contact, to work properly.

dwaynerz 08-10-2012 05:16 PM

if nothing else, find a clothespin (spring type) and use that until you can find a more suitable clamp. probably got one laying around the house somewhere.

still-learnin 08-13-2012 12:18 PM

probe for temp control in contact with fin
 
since I have no clip for my probe, might one of those big paper clamps do the trick?. I guess you are saying ther probe needs to touch the fin?

VinceU 08-13-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by still-learnin
since I have no clip for my probe, might one of those big paper clamps do the trick?. I guess you are saying ther probe needs to touch the fin?

Yes start on end fin in mid height and with thermometer adjust to suit.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 AM.