Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Appliances and Electronics (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/)
-   -   Starting fridge with TT leaning (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/starting-fridge-with-tt-leaning-27388.html)

wyo700 08-06-2012 03:02 PM

Starting fridge with TT leaning

When my TT is parked at my house it leans to the passenger side and my fridge is on the opposite side. Is it ok to start my fridge to get cold before we go with it at a lean like this? Thanks.

oldprof1 08-06-2012 03:09 PM

If the lean isn't too bad. These fridges are an ammonia evaporative system. If the angle is too great the tube containing the ammonia will over heat and possibly ruin your $1200 fridge. LEVEL the trailer then fire up the fridge, no problem!

papap 08-06-2012 03:15 PM

as long as fridg is on side wall and camper is level front to back. you should be fine.

wyo700 08-06-2012 03:15 PM

It's not terribly bad I will take a pic later and post.

Herk7769 08-07-2012 06:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by papap (Post 233278)
as long as fridg is on side wall and camper is level front to back. you should be fine.

I agree with Papap (who doesn't really?).

The critical factor is along the BACK of the fridge where the bends in the pipes are located. Left to Right will not be a problem (though I would definitely level L/R to protect the slide out motors) for a fridge mounted so that the back of the fridge aligns front to back of the camper.

If your fridge is mounted on the rear wall or front wall, then side to side is the critical direction.

KyDan 08-07-2012 07:24 AM

"Not too bad" doesn't give us much information.
My home parking spot is also out of level side to side.
I'll guess it's maybe 1 to 2 inches lower on one side.
Probably closer to 1.
EDIT- on 2nd thought it's probably 1 or less.
I once put a "1 by" under the low side and it was too much.

I leave it parked with the tongue low so it will drain better but
when we're going to turn on the fridge for packing I crank it
back up level front to back.
It's 4 years old and has been pre-cooled dozens of times so I guess
it's OK.

OldCoot 08-07-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyo700 (Post 233268)
When my TT is parked at my house it leans to the passenger side and my fridge is on the opposite side. Is it ok to start my fridge to get cold before we go with it at a lean like this? Thanks.

Can you not put boards under the passenger side and level it? Solves the problem real easy. Best boards are the composite deck boards, won't rot. Pricey, but durable.

wyo700 08-07-2012 07:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is how it sits left to right. It's just a little low in the front.

wyo700 08-07-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunnnc

Can you not put boards under the passenger side and level it? Solves the problem real easy. Best boards are the composite deck boards, won't rot. Pricey, but durable.

Yes I can probably put a couple 4x4 under the one side probably what I will do before I start it up

papap 08-07-2012 07:59 AM

Just pour some concrete and level it off. LOL

OldCoot 08-07-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyo700 (Post 233596)
Here is how it sits left to right. It's just a little low in the front.

Looks like a little creative digging could solve a lot of your problems. Maybe a level groove for both sides which would lower the axles and at the same time raise the front. Make a "landing pad".

wyo700 08-07-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papap
Just pour some concrete and level it off. LOL

That's the next plan

Herk7769 08-07-2012 08:53 AM

I bought 2 12 inch square pavers for my low side and park the camper on it to make it side to side level.

It REALLY helped with my backing skills trying to hit those 12 inch blocks centered.

I ALWAYS level front to back even when parked (OK, maybe a tad tail low to aid in dumping my tanks in the lawn sewer vent. ;))