Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Appliances and Electronics (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/)
-   -   Squeaking Microwave Please Help (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/squeaking-microwave-please-help-27508.html)

jimwillis00 08-08-2012 07:43 PM

Squeaking Microwave Please Help

My new (2012) 390bh berkshire has a horrible squeaking noise originating at the microwave while driving. Tech tightened it but no improvement....Please helpppppppppppppppppppppp......................... ............:confused:

Herk7769 08-08-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimwillis00 (Post 234493)
My new (2012) 390bh berkshire has a horrible squeaking noise originating at the microwave while driving. Tech tightened it but no improvement....Please helpppppppppppppppppppppp......................... ............:confused:

OMG so sorry, but I gotta...

1) Let the mouse out.
2) Give it some grease.
3) Stop driving while squeaking.

Well, I got that out of my system! :D

Now for the problem.

Does it only do it while you are moving?
Does it stop when you do?

jimwillis00 08-08-2012 07:51 PM

yes only when moving, and is noticeably louder on a big bump.....it makes the drive unpleasant....:crying:

MotocrossCamper 08-08-2012 08:01 PM

We have had several of these issues in our Sunseeker. You just have to do some creative engineering to find out what stops them. Our microwave had a half inch gap in back so I removed the micro and made 2 shims to support it in the back corners. My wife usually tries to temporarily fix them while we are going down the road so at least we know if we got it stopped or not. Right now we have a mystery whistle that gives me a headache, just can't find it!

Herk7769 08-08-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotocrossCamper (Post 234508)
We have had several of these issues in our Sunseeker. You just have to do some creative engineering to find out what stops them. Our microwave had a half inch gap in back so I removed the micro and made 2 shims to support it in the back corners. My wife usually tries to temporarily fix them while we are going down the road so at least we know if we got it stopped or not. Right now we have a mystery whistle that gives me a headache, just can't find it!

It does sound like a poorly mounted or loose microwave. Removing and re-seating it my reveal the lose screws

youroo 09-03-2012 09:40 AM

It is a good thing that the laws dont allow people to ride in pull type trailers & 5Whs. The noise would wake the Dead!:eek: Youroo!!:)

OldCoot 09-03-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herk7769 (Post 234589)
It does sound like a poorly mounted or loose microwave. Removing and re-seating it my reveal the lose screws

Agree with Herk, remove it and put a level on the cabinet edge where the front sits and then measure the distance to the bottom of the actual cabinet. I would put a spacer board in there that raises the mw bottom about 1/16" to 1/8" higher than the cabinet edge so the mw does not hang on the front mounting flange.