Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Appliances and Electronics (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/)
-   -   TV booster (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/tv-booster-27701.html)

MilCop4523 08-12-2012 06:51 PM

TV booster

2012 Salem 27RKSS
TV signal booster
How do I know if my TV signal booster is working or not.
I probably already know the answer to this but... here goes nothing
The light which was on when the TV booster was depressed used to come on. Now it doesn't.
in my driveway I could get 5 free to air analog channels and 3 free to air digital channels
Now I get 1 channel and thats with turning the antenna 360 degrees checking it at each notch one at a time.

Malco 08-12-2012 06:54 PM

Pretty sure it's not working.When ours in our old trailer broke,the light still came on but reception sucked.Easy fix though and not too expensive.

Herk7769 08-12-2012 06:54 PM

Your booster has blown a fuse (or burned out).

If it is not in your power center, it is behind it in a pigtail fuse holder.

MilCop4523 08-13-2012 06:05 AM

Thanks guys I'll have to take a look tonight. That pigtail should be a dedicated line for the booster itself I suspect?
If it wasn't for bad luck with this unit I'd have no luck at all it seems.
I found something under the rubber roof that has me concerned.
Looks a bit like the reason for the fogged out USA rowing teams photo. Its definately not air but something soft like insulation or a pile of saw dust.
Tongue jack broke mid July at the NH Motor Speedway. Still waiting on kitchen galley tank adaptor so we can use the kitchen sink - but then again the kitchen faucet leaks.
and the slide out is still wearing into the siding.
Seems to be forever to get action from FR.

Herk7769 08-13-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilCop4523 (Post 236431)
Thanks guys I'll have to take a look tonight. That pigtail should be a dedicated line for the booster itself I suspect?
If it wasn't for bad luck with this unit I'd have no luck at all it seems.
I found something under the rubber roof that has me concerned.
Looks a bit like the reason for the fogged out USA rowing teams photo. Its definately not air but something soft like insulation or a pile of saw dust.
Tongue jack broke mid July at the NH Motor Speedway. Still waiting on kitchen galley tank adaptor so we can use the kitchen sink - but then again the kitchen faucet leaks.
and the slide out is still wearing into the siding.
Seems to be forever to get action from FR.

I had 3 back there when I had the unit out when I ran some wires for the inverter display. I am sure one of them is for the antenna amp power supply.

MilCop4523 08-13-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malco (Post 236243)
Pretty sure it's not working.When ours in our old trailer broke,the light still came on but reception sucked.Easy fix though and not too expensive.

I took the faceplate off and the push in light button signifying powered up was jsut hanging there. It looks as if there is a piece missing. It won't power up because it can't stay depressed. Depressign thought :crying::roflblack:

So what is your easy fix which is not too expensive?

Herk7769 08-13-2012 06:29 PM

If I had to replace mine today, I would get the new one with the built in signal strength meter. Just sayin.

SensarPro TV Signal Strength Meter

Malco 08-13-2012 06:58 PM

The booster switch on our old trailer had a sliding switch that fell apart.I replaced it with a push button one,just unhooked and hooked back up the wires to the new one.I can't remember exactly what it cost but am pretty sure it was less than 20 bucks.You may be able to repair your old switch if you can get the push button to make and maintain contact.