Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Appliances and Electronics (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/)
-   -   Door Switch of my fridge (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/door-switch-of-my-fridge-27910.html)

Md Jeff 08-16-2012 08:24 PM

Door Switch of my fridge

What does it break, the 12v for the light or the ground? I have a 2012 Flagstaff 8528CKWS and it's hard to tell what opens when the door is closed..... I have Norcold 6.3 cuft refrigerator and want to put a circulating fan in.

vasnipe 08-16-2012 09:20 PM

Fridge light

Md Jeff,
The switch is on the 12v positive line to the light.
Your fan should connect to the supply/input side of the switch, that way the fan will run all the time. If you have a test light or a volt meter you can do a quick double check.

Chris in Virginia

Md Jeff 08-17-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasnipe (Post 238446)
Md Jeff,
The switch is on the 12v positive line to the light.
Your fan should connect to the supply/input side of the switch, that way the fan will run all the time. If you have a test light or a volt meter you can do a quick double check.

Chris in Virginia

I was hoping it was the -neg that they broke threw the switch, I believe I will have to tie the fan in somewhere other than the light. I have 2 spade terminals on the light, fan will run when connected to one but not the other, I'm sure the one with power goes out when the door is closed. I looked for a wiring diagram to see where I might tie it to but running out of time for now, heading to Va. Beach for a week and will tackle it when we get back.

Thanks, Jeff

OldCoot 08-17-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Md Jeff (Post 238403)
What does it break, the 12v for the light or the ground? I have a 2012 Flagstaff 8528CKWS and it's hard to tell what opens when the door is closed..... I have Norcold 6.3 cuft refrigerator and want to put a circulating fan in.

We have the same refrigerator and when the door opens on ours, the light only stays on a set length of time before it goes off automatically. About drove me nuts when I hooked up my fans. You have to get into the control and tap into the power wire to the control itself, not the light.

Md Jeff 08-17-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunnnc (Post 238587)
We have the same refrigerator and when the door opens on ours, the light only stays on a set length of time before it goes off automatically. About drove me nuts when I hooked up my fans. You have to get into the control and tap into the power wire to the control itself, not the light.

Where did u tap your power from? I've got a multi pin connector that goes to the light and coil sensor. Not sure which one stays hot or if I should steal power from elsewhere

OldCoot 08-17-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Md Jeff (Post 238819)
Where did u tap your power from? I've got a multi pin connector that goes to the light and coil sensor. Not sure which one stays hot or if I should steal power from elsewhere

Don't remember exactly, but with a multimeter you will find a hot lead on the control board itself. I think I hooked to the lead powering the board itself.