Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f99/)
-   -   look what I get to work on today ! (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f99/look-what-i-get-to-work-on-today-28159.html)

jevanb 03-01-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1100turbo (Post 316949)
:roflblack: some one just pmed me and said how ami I going to get all the work done on that mh today when I'm on here running my gums all morning.

I responded

I've got two weeks to do it! :roflblack:

Nice being the guy with the answers, if they New how they can do it themselves, but.........

AquaMan 03-01-2013 12:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm working on one of these

That goes on one of these

jevanb 03-01-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttrost65 (Post 316981)
I'm working on one of these

That goes on one of these

Baby gear, try a 747 wing or body gear, the c5 can carry a large volume load but is about 200k light compaired to a 747-400 freighter, 43k lbs thrust engines vs 60k

AquaMan 03-01-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jevanb (Post 316985)
Baby gear, try a 747 wing or body gear, the c5 can carry a large volume load but is about 200k light compaired to a 747-400 freighter, 43k lbs thrust engines vs 60k

I do some of the components on the 747 also, but mostly military fighters and C5 stuff.

Cajun Po-Boy 03-01-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1100turbo (Post 316921)
Todays project!
Navigator by Holiday Rambler
Change cummins engine oil and fuel filters.
Change gennie diesel oil and filters.
Install xantrax remote monitor.
Check solar panels for operation.
Fix exhuast brake operation.

Turbs

Nice...Hey, is your Frog in the avatar forming at the mouth!!!! LOL




Cajun Po-Boy 03-01-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jevanb (Post 316945)
Yes pilot also

If you get a test flight heading to GA...I could use the help with a down pipe install! LOL




TURBS 03-01-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun (Post 317008)

Nice...Hey, is your Frog in the avatar forming at the mouth!!!! LOL

Sumpin is up not sure what ............

EdJunior 03-01-2013 05:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Woo Hoo! Here's what I get to work on today. And for the next couple of years likely! '66 Impala Super Sport, 327 300HP.

Attachment 24919

TURBS 03-01-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdJunior (Post 317067)
Woo Hoo! Here's what I get to work on today. And for the next couple of years likely! '66 Impala Super Sport, 327 300HP.

Sweet Ed! Have fun man!

Len & Cheri 03-01-2013 05:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what I what did last weekend. The rust was a little worse than I originally thought:eek:. Tomorrow the trunk side floors come out, then I can start putting it all back together. I just hope I can remember how :roflblack:

TURBS 03-01-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Len & Cheri (Post 317078)
Here's what I what did last weekend. The rust was a little worse than I originally thought:eek:. Tomorrow the trunk side floors come out, then I can start putting it all back together. I just hope I can remember how :roflblack:

Lol I don't envy you!

AquaMan 03-01-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdJunior (Post 317067)
Woo Hoo! Here's what I get to work on today. And for the next couple of years likely! '66 Impala Super Sport, 327 300HP.

Attachment 24919

Very nice! One of my dream cars is a '65 Impala convertible.

TURBS 03-01-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttrost65 (Post 317080)

Very nice! One of my dream cars is a '65 Impala convertible.

Atleast it isn't a mauve maroon purple dodge ram with a burn mark in the hood!

dwaynerz 03-01-2013 05:54 PM

this cost 3 months of revenue...

for that lil ol dent in the nose? or the hole in the side of the bldg? sorry, couldnt resist. but the view from your office is awesome. those look like woodalls (or similar) campground books on the dash. you did take the time to at least make them look official, right?

dwaynerz 03-01-2013 06:03 PM

hey ttrost. ever heard of a site called chevy talk? lots of info over there. hamb (hokey ass messege board) is another site to check out, but they cater to '65 and older. they like period correct/traditional stuff there. nice impala project tho. doesnt look like your first attempt at metal work.

rattleNsmoke 03-01-2013 06:27 PM

Nice Convair 580?...mnnnn

RamblerGuy 03-02-2013 06:23 AM

C-5 Landing Gear
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ttrost65 (Post 316981)
I'm working on one of these

That goes on one of these

Some of us are old enough to remember when the C-5 when into service. I was a student at Georgia Tech when it was in final flight testing and would sometimes see and hear one overhead. Their engines had a different whistle from civilian airliners.

I don't remember the location, but during a dedication ceremony one landed to wow the crowd. It did in style. One of the wheels came off and rolled down the runway.

jevanb 03-02-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke (Post 317110)
Nice Convair 580?...mnnnn

Was at one time now a 5800 just showed up from B.C and was stretched 14 ft, and new higher HP engines

jevanb 03-02-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwaynerz (Post 317088)
this cost 3 months of revenue...

for that lil ol dent in the nose? or the hole in the side of the bldg? sorry, couldnt resist. but the view from your office is awesome. those look like woodalls (or similar) campground books on the dash. you did take the time to at least make them look official, right?

haha the radome was replaced 20 minutes but the door and frame got hit pretty good lots of scratches and their is a 8 ft patch just in front of the L1 door, that is 1/2 in thick and about 2 feet wide, also some damaged stuff under the skin..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun (Post 317010)
If you get a test flight heading to GA...I could use the help with a down pipe install! LOL

was in atlanta the other day, could of stopped by but it is so easy to do you would of had it done before I got off the airport property...

TURBS 03-25-2013 01:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Taking our 2way tower down this morning.
I drew the short straw and had to go up in the man basket.

Attachment 26358



Attachment 26359



Attachment 26360


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.