Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Appliances and Electronics (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/)
-   -   Tv to DVD Hookup Question! (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/tv-to-dvd-hookup-question-28419.html)

Tracey 08-26-2012 09:37 PM

Tv to DVD Hookup Question!

Hello! I just purchased a 2011 Surveyor...and so far, we LOVE it! I've done years in a tent and considered getting a pop up but decided jsut to take the plunge into a real camper! The camper came with the standard DVD/Radio entertainment system and has connections on the area by the dinette for hookup of the TV. It did not come with any manuals and I am not stupid when it comes to hooking up electronics. What type of cord do I need to get in order to get the movies to play through the tv? And I assume it would then go into the "out to TV" connection? It doesnt seem that with all of the standard cords I have, they do not fit into the outlet properly! Help is appreciated!

Terier 08-26-2012 10:22 PM

Hi Tracey!
I usually stay away from technical questions (for good reason) but wanted to welcome you to the FR forum family. Don't worry, there are lots of members here that will be able to answer your question.

:signgoodluck:

Herk7769 08-26-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracey (Post 243430)
Hello! I just purchased a 2011 Surveyor...and so far, we LOVE it! I've done years in a tent and considered getting a pop up but decided jsut to take the plunge into a real camper! The camper came with the standard DVD/Radio entertainment system and has connections on the area by the dinette for hookup of the TV. It did not come with any manuals and I am not stupid when it comes to hooking up electronics. What type of cord do I need to get in order to get the movies to play through the tv? And I assume it would then go into the "out to TV" connection? It doesnt seem that with all of the standard cords I have, they do not fit into the outlet properly! Help is appreciated!

Tracy, what is the model of your TV and radio unit.
We might be able to help you out.

Tracey 08-27-2012 09:04 PM

The Tv is new (2012) and the radio/DVD unit came with the 2011 camper...THANKS!

arlee453 08-28-2012 09:41 AM

Can you post pics of the DVD/Radio? That may help...

Bamaboy 08-30-2012 08:11 PM

Tracey, I am needing the same answer as you. What I have found out so far is that we have a RF connection. What I hoping to find is a cord with an RF connection on one end and either A HDMI or other connection for my TV. So far no luck. I will Post something if I find out.

jdecanter 08-30-2012 08:40 PM

I have a vizio t.v. I hook my satellite with an HDMI cord, my antena with a standard coaxial, my DVD player with a RCA cord. When I want to watch Satellite, I choose HDMI from the remote, when I want to watch DVD I choose AV (RCA). I choose t.v for antena. Modern t.v.s have many choices, the older ones do not. Just remember you must select the cord you want to use from the remote that came with the t.v.

jdecanter 08-30-2012 08:42 PM

RF to HDMI

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamaboy (Post 245596)
Tracey, I am needing the same answer as you. What I have found out so far is that we have a RF connection. What I hoping to find is a cord with an RF connection on one end and either A HDMI or other connection for my TV. So far no luck. I will Post something if I find out.

If you feel it necessary to have different connections, Radio Shack and others have converters.

Herk7769 08-31-2012 07:05 AM

I use an HDMI switch. They are CHEAP and fully automatic switching to whatever HDMI cord is providing signal (or use the included remote or the manual switch on the box).

Amazon.com: Ultra High Performance HDMI Switcher, 3to1 Switch: Electronics

CHEAP HDMI cables are fine.

I will get a photo today.

Tracey 09-01-2012 10:56 AM

Thank you all very much for the information. I am going to try it again today...and if I cant get 'er to work, I'm Taking pictures! Since my TV has the capability for a multi line input (green, blue, red, yellow white, black) I was not sure what type of wire to use to connect the DVD player. I have a simple RCA cord and I am going to try that into the auxillary connection on the tv.

Herk7769 09-01-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracey (Post 246194)
Thank you all very much for the information. I am going to try it again today...and if I cant get 'er to work, I'm Taking pictures! Since my TV has the capability for a multi line input (green, blue, red, yellow white, black) I was not sure what type of wire to use to connect the DVD player. I have a simple RCA cord and I am going to try that into the auxillary connection on the tv.

Pictures of your TV connections and DVD player connections would be very helpful.