Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Cardinal (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Water pressure regulator (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f22/water-pressure-regulator-39098.html)

Sg6923 05-02-2013 12:11 PM

Water pressure regulator

I started to post to a very old thread but thought better of it. Forgive me if this is present already....

I have a 39' 3625 Cardinal 5er and want to replace my inline standard pressure regulator. I'm looking at the brass unit with pressure gage at Camping World. Can anyone give me a 1-5 star on this? I'd like to have more pressure and volume than what I get now. Will the Cardinal handle 45 psi. or can I go higher? Appreciate any and all comments.

T-Man

Randyman 05-02-2013 12:52 PM

I purchased the same pressure regulator with gauge from Amazon for less than Camping World. It is adjustable and works great. Your Cardinal can handle 45 psi with no problem, your water pump should be rated at almost 55 psi.

ependydad 05-02-2013 01:08 PM

I have no information on that one, but I did spend a pretty penny on a Watts adjustable regulator from rvwaterfilterstore.com. Well worth the $100 for protected pipes and great water pressure!

garbonz 05-02-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ependydad (Post 366004)
I have no information on that one, but I did spend a pretty penny on a Watts adjustable regulator from rvwaterfilterstore.com. Well worth the $100 for protected pipes and great water pressure!

X2

Rvwaterfilter store has several models of the watts adjustable regulators. I agree that a little more $ is a good idea. I once had a line pop of the PEX fitting and it made quite a mess.

The cheaper inline regulators will reduce the flow rate into your unit also.

Big bird 05-03-2013 04:13 PM

I purchased a cheap one at Wal-Mart and it works fine on my 2010 3625. I have gone without one and loved the water pressure, but I got scared and use the regulator all the time now.

Sg6923 05-03-2013 04:22 PM

Thanks for recommendations. I also use a cheap inline regulator but prefer more pressure in the shower (As I read, so do a lot of other folks). :). I just purchased one from Camping World. Caught it on a pretty good sale. Hoping a 50-55 psi and increased flow will do the trick. I'll try to update in a couple weeks.

jeeplj8 05-03-2013 04:25 PM

Is it the Camco or the other brand? The camco does NOT have actual pressure information, it just gives ranges in red, yellow or green. The other one (I forget the company name, but I bought one) actually reads in PSI. Amazon sells both and the Camco brand got horrible reviews.

Randyman 05-03-2013 04:27 PM

Camping World also has the Body Spa shower head on sale that I've been hearing alot about on these forums. Makes great pressure and spray even when there is less pressure. I just ordered one today.

Sg6923 05-03-2013 04:31 PM

It's the Valatri or something like that. I looked at two sets of reviews. One set hammered it because the gage broke. The other camp gave it like a 4. I looked at the website referenced earlier in the posts. Appear to be excellent quality but they're also very proud of them.

jeeplj8 05-03-2013 04:33 PM

I remembered - Valtera.

here is the adjustable model on sale, pretty good price too!
Adjustable Water Regulator - Lead Free - Valterra A01-1117VP - Faucets & Inlets - Camping World

and the cheaper inline combo:
In-Line Water Regulator Gauge Combo - Lead Free - Valterra A01-1124VP - Faucets & Inlets - Camping World

They also make a high flow model, but for some reasom CW does not have it. I ordered it somewhere else.

Sg6923 05-03-2013 04:39 PM

Ill ck the shower head out.

awwall 05-03-2013 04:55 PM

I second the use of a Watts. They are ported for 3/4" and do actual pressure control. They are not a flow restricter like many of the cheap in lines are. If I were you, I would do away with your outside one. I would bet you will see a vast improvement in your shower.

Sg6923 05-03-2013 05:07 PM

Model for Watts?

ependydad 05-03-2013 07:44 PM

N65 sticks in my head- go to rvwaterfilterstore.com and see what they offer. Then email the guy with questions & your number. He'll likely call you. (He called me on a Sunday night when I ordered mine.)

Oaklevel 05-03-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sg6923 (Post 366962)
It's the Valatri or something like that. I looked at two sets of reviews. One set hammered it because the gage broke. The other camp gave it like a 4. I looked at the website referenced earlier in the posts. Appear to be excellent quality but they're also very proud of them.

:) We have the adjustable one (Valatri) & think it is great. I did have to replace the guage but it froze so did the hose. I just went to lowes & bought a new water guage for about $4 & put it on no problems since...... but I have not had it out in freezing weather. I like being able to adjust the water pressure....

:signhavefun:

sail2liv 05-04-2013 08:29 AM

The only reason for me I thought of more pressure was for oem shower head, went to the oxygenics and it gives a great shower will little water pressure....save water when dry camping.....I use a pressure regulator and a filter at the incoming spigot...
That way hose stays clean along with camper system....I have not used a filter inside the camper, though keep one for a back up if needed....good luck

RodeoGeorge 05-04-2013 01:37 PM

Does anyone have a good source for the oxygenics shower head (in white)?

I can find them in chrome for a good price, but the ones in white are 3 to 4 times the price.

RodeoGeorge

sail2liv 05-04-2013 01:55 PM

shower head

Camping world has them on sale at times for around $25 w/coupon can get for even less....not sure about the internet.....and the white ones are the cheaper ones at CW......good luck.....even at full price is worth the $s

Randyman 05-04-2013 02:11 PM

They are on sale this weekend online at Camping World. The white one is $34 and the chrome and brass are like $46.

Telstar 05-29-2013 09:32 PM

We have the Valterra (Camping World Item # 49511). Only problem I ever had was that the gauge froze after camping in the snow. I called Valterra and they sent a new one, no charge. I keep the pressure set at 60 pounds. Cardinal Customer Service told me they test the plumbing at 90 pounds so 60 is fine. We use a .05 filter cartridge and still have good pressure.