Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   General Motorhome Discussion (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   Dehumidify my RV (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f4/dehumidify-my-rv-48432.html)

Chrisbrock 09-25-2013 08:14 PM

Dehumidify my RV

Can anyone suggest methods of dehumidifying my sunseeker?

Currently I have a unit running 24/7. I empty it daily.

I see the small units and I see the large units.

Input please!

RudysWorld 09-27-2013 07:21 PM

We use damprid, no electricity needed.

Twisty 09-27-2013 09:03 PM

Can you route a drain to the sink or basin rather than emptying every day?
Leave the tank drain open.

bgilly 10-08-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisbrock (Post 471156)
Can anyone suggest methods of dehumidifying my sunseeker?

Currently I have a unit running 24/7. I empty it daily.

I take it that you are running a de-humidifier in your Sunseeker. Is this something you are doing even when the camper is not being used?
As for ways to de-humidify, the air conditioner is a de-humidifier but it is more designed for removing the humidity created by occupants. When the camper is not being used the humidity levels in the camper are within safe parameters to prevent mold/mildew growth.

Bobby

lrob 11-10-2014 09:51 PM

Use damp rid. That will help

RKR 11-10-2014 10:06 PM

Dehumidify my RV

We use 3 Damp Rids and keep each one in a small wash tub. After a full winter they were close to filling the was Damp Rid device but never spilled into the tub. We also left 4 solid air freshners out.
They work well and there was no musty smell after sitting all winter. Maintenance free way of controlling moisture.

Sent from my high tech gadget

Paradise115 11-10-2014 10:07 PM

I have a small electric dehumidifier that I run when we are not in the camper. I set it on the kitchen counter and drain it into the sink. The humidity level was 60% when I checked on it yesterday and even though it's covered for the winter I turned the dehumidifier on. I tried the damp rid and other things but they just didn't work for me. Sometimes the camper sits for 3 weeks and it really needs a real dehumidifier that allows me to control the levels. Just imo.

RKR 11-10-2014 10:31 PM

Our 5r is locked in covered storage during the winter. There's an outlet to plug into in my stall but we leave our 5r alone til spring and I didn't want to leave an electrical device on for months at a time.
I guess the Damprids or dehumidifier set ups would depend on your storage set up. Living in a humid S. Texas I was impressed with the amount of water they collected.

Sent from my high tech gadget

donanddona 11-10-2014 11:27 PM

I normally run a medium size dehumidifier when were using a ceramic heaters. The windows tell the tell. If their is moisture build up or puddles on the combo windows then we run 24/7, and yes dump the tank when needed. The furnance normaly doesn't draw the moisture that ceramic heaters do. Something with forced air systems drys the air out...

SandeeAR 03-13-2015 08:38 PM

I buy small containers of off brand Damp Rid from the Dollar Tree. I put one in the closet, up front in the cab and in the bathroom. They have been great and only $3.

colourful64 03-17-2015 11:24 PM

Baskets of charcoal briquettes