Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Welcome Mat (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f63/)
-   -   Greetings from Central Virginia! (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f63/greetings-from-central-virginia-6365.html)

jsilvius 05-27-2010 01:57 AM

Greetings from Central Virginia!

Hello All..
I'm a proud owner of a new-to-me 2006 Flagstaff 831FKSS.
We picked it up from Southern RV in Richmond, VA today.

We've been looking for a travel trailer for a while now and other than this thing is ungodly long (31+/-) feet we really like it.

We are taking it on it's maiden voyage with Memorial Day weekend.

I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences with you, hoping to learn from everyone so I don't have to make multiple mistakes.

See ya in the Camp Grounds!
James

rockwood06 05-27-2010 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvius (Post 46347)
Hello All..
I'm a proud owner of a new-to-me 2006 Flagstaff 831FKSS.
We picked it up from Southern RV in Richmond, VA today.

We've been looking for a travel trailer for a while now and other than this thing is ungodly long (31+/-) feet we really like it.

We are taking it on it's maiden voyage with Memorial Day weekend.

I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences with you, hoping to learn from everyone so I don't have to make multiple mistakes.

See ya in the Camp Grounds!
James

:welcomesign: to FRF. Congrats on your new camper, If you have questions please don't hesitate to ask. This forum is full of very friendly and helpful people.....Ho by the way we like pic too.

kvtaylor 05-27-2010 07:39 AM

Congrats on the new rig. there are several good campgrounds in Virginia. Also look into Good Sam and passport America for discounts on these and other campgrounds.:signhavefun:

Hokiehall 05-27-2010 07:46 AM

Welcome to the FRF. Glad to have another Virginian on board.

:signhavefun:with the new rig.

VAlover 05-27-2010 08:42 AM

:signhavefun: Welcome James! You're gonna have a great time, and this is the site for answers. Everyone has been so helpful to us. We are fans of Southern RV also. Maybe we'll be seeing you on the road this weekend - along with all the other RVers out there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MtnGuy 05-28-2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kvtaylor (Post 46365)
Congrats on the new rig. there are several good campgrounds in Virginia. :signhavefun:

Huh ??? :confused: There are many great campgrounds in VA. !!!!! :)

From another Virginian......:welcomesign: to the forum!!!

jsilvius 06-01-2010 10:57 AM

Thanks All! We really enjoyed our weekend @ Rockahock Campgrounds in Lanexa, VA. We had a few minor issues (sheared a rivet on our front stairs, and the DVD player didn't work), but over all, a great trip. We are counting the days until the next one.

old guys 06-02-2010 09:49 PM

So it goes.

That's how it goes, little things here and there will happen but once you get the first trip over and you enjoy it you never can wait for the next trip. We hope you are in for lots of good memory building trips and hopefully we will cross paths some day. Old Guys. :signhavefun: