Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Tips and Tricks (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f88/)
-   -   Gross question...how do you store your sewer hose? (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f88/gross-question-how-do-you-store-your-sewer-hose-69515.html)

sharkbate 10-05-2014 09:31 PM

Gross question...how do you store your sewer hose?

Title says it all. What's the best way to store the hose to keep from contaminating everything else?

jonrjen 10-05-2014 09:34 PM

Which hose, sewer or fresh water?

B and B 10-05-2014 09:35 PM

I have 2 hoses. The typical blue dump hose in the bumper. I usually camp with no sewers so the dump station is it. I have 25 ft of good hose for full hook ups in a bin in the basement.

mcnabbwr 10-05-2014 09:35 PM

I store mine along with all the fittings in a separate snap lid container.

HONDAMAN174 10-05-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnabbwr (Post 714400)

X2!

I do leave a corner cracked open to dry out. I live in the desert so it only takes about a day.

2014 Stealth Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7 "Clifford"

jonrjen 10-05-2014 09:40 PM

I also store mine in a separate container with a snap in place lid. I also attach the two ends together to keep liquids from draining in the container. When we get back home I pull the two ends apart and allow everything to dry.

jtstromsburg 10-05-2014 09:42 PM

See link, but I added two 5" PVC posts under my fiver for stinky slinky storage. My post is #3 in the thread
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ad.php?t=61191

Kaadk 10-05-2014 09:42 PM

I store mine using the fence post mod. Here's how mine looks installed:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...cture11436.jpg

Basically it's a 5 x 5 fence post cover, an eavestrough and however you want to mount it. Search on the forums and you'll find a ton of information on it, there's a lot people on here who've done it before I did.

Big Paul 10-05-2014 09:47 PM

use the 5" X 5" plastic fence post mounted under the TT. Ususally use a mild bleach solution and then lots of water to rinse when I get home.

asquared 10-05-2014 10:28 PM

Another one for the snap closed storage bin in the fiver basement. We kept it in the rear bumper of our old tt but that eventually wears a hole in the tubing. I have considered switching to the fence post mod or getting one of These.

ChooChooMan74 10-06-2014 02:04 AM

I store both my garbage hose that came with the starter kit and my rhinoflex in my bumper.

raspivey 10-06-2014 05:01 AM

I've got a couple of those Rhinoflex hoses that have the caps on both ends. I flush mine pretty good with freshwater after I dump (dedicated black leader hose with a backflow preventer on it) then just lock the caps down and toss it in with the other cords, etc. in a tote.

MeepMeep 10-06-2014 06:37 AM

After a thorough fresh water rinse, I fit the two ends together and tie it up in a garbage bag.....doesn't take up as much room as a container. (Don't know who designed the "sewer hose storage" on the 38FL, but they obviously never attempted to stick an actual sewer hose in there)

Dave Lyon 10-06-2014 06:44 AM

I have a Rhino Flex hose. I flush it well at the dump station and again at home and put the end caps on and store it in the rear bumper.

Black 10-06-2014 07:29 AM

I have a 15' RhinoFlex along with a 12' water hose for backflush , that I store in a Rubbermaid container in the bed of the truck.
Take it out at home to let dry a few minutes in full sun...always keep both ends with caps on.
Rear bumper is a hose destroyer!

dave961 10-06-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnabbwr (Post 714400)

Same here. One bin for all of it. I do clean the hose and fittings pretty good and put end caps on it, so it's not really gross.

On my list is to replace the short round tube FR installed underneath (will only hold the crappy hose they give you at the dealer) with a 5x5x8' square vinyl post to hold the good hose (and extension). That will help me reclaim some space in the storage compartment.

GreenImp 10-07-2014 01:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
One more vote for the 5x5 PVC fence post mod. I painted mine black to match the trailer. I am able to store all fittings and several lengths of rain gutter to use as hose support when needed. The gutter doubles as a drawer of sorts for easy access. I use the rear "bumper" for the dedicated black tank flush hoses and a fire poker.

One thing I would like to figure out though, is a convenient place for used disposable gloves. For some reason trash cans and dump stations are rarely, if ever, found together.

jar3316 10-08-2014 12:59 PM

Bumper Seal both ends with caps and compress before last cap goes on. Can get 3 or 4 whole hoses in the bumper I use pins to keep the rubber bumper caps on.

AquaMan 10-08-2014 01:35 PM

I have 2 5x5 fence posts with 4" rain gutters inside as "drawers". The gutters also make good hose supports. I fastened a hook on one end then just hook it into a hole I drilled in the frame. Store 30' of Rhinoflex and put the Y and Elbow in a seperate container in the front storage.

Black 10-08-2014 01:43 PM

I would love to install a 5x5 fence post under my unit.
I just can't find them anywhere around here...been looking at Canadian Home Depot web site , don't find nothing on there.
Until then...Rubbermaid storage container in the bed of the truck !