Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   The Rally Zone | F.R.O.G. Events (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/)
-   -   Anyone interested in a 2011 Forest River Owners Rally? (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/anyone-interested-in-a-2011-forest-river-owners-rally-7245.html)

Iggy 07-21-2010 08:30 PM

Anyone interested in a 2011 Forest River Owners Rally?
 
I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in having a group rally someplace in the middle of the US?

We have so many friends here and I'm sure we actually passed each other on the road to here or there.

Just want to put it out there and se what the general group thinks about it?

Any ideas of a large campground that has some nice grounds?

You know I think I may send an email to Forest River and maybe they would sponsor it. Maybe up in their neck of the woods. Does anyone have a good contact?

grhodes50 07-21-2010 10:35 PM

I would be interested, but will have to know more details, time, place, etc... Have to schedule the time off from work.

Just an idea, I haven't camped at any Arkansas State Parks, but hear they are nice and have FHU's with reasonable fees. That would be sort of middle USA.

grandpaofthree 07-22-2010 07:58 AM

I am definitely interested. My 2010 is booked solid, but 2011 is a possibility.

Iggy 07-22-2010 08:37 AM

I agree that it would have to be in 2011.
I just like to hear from everyone who might consider making this rally. If we get enough folks interested we can move on to other subjects like below. It would be to meet everyone and their families as well as have fun for a few days.

Interested in 2011 Rally
1. Iggy, Surprise AZ, 2 people, 2011 Rockwood 8285WS
2. Grhodes50, OK 2009 Rockwood 8315SS
3. Grandpaofthree, OH, 2009 Rockwood 8313SS
4. Willie, Ventura CA, 2011 Wildwood 27BHSS




Questions need answering would be

1. How many would be interested in comeingto a 2 or 3 day event? Hopefully a minimum of 10 rigs would be nice.

2. Find a nice summer location that has great scenery, reasonable summer temps and low humidy during the summer.
How about Branson, MO?
How about San Diego on the coast?
Montana?

Here is a Link to Travel Life RV Campground Directory and ratings

3. Find a great campground that can handle all sizes of rigs that has nice spaces with trees and grass and not just pavement. Must be able to take reservations online or by phone in advance for a group. Preferable in the same area. Maybe a wagon wheel setup might work.

4. Get a few folks that are willing to help with arrangements, gathering names and information on everyone, setting up a time table of any activities, pot luck lunch or dinner, find out what elese is int he area, etc.


Anyother ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Willie 07-22-2010 09:55 AM

We're interested....just like Grandpaof3, will have to be in 2011.
We live in California....

You're asking for pointers....San Diego is nice but crowded, Pismo Beach is nice and great access to beach, folks can bring their toys (big/small) for sand, pier is within walking distance and not to far from SF/LA....
Let us know!

Iggy 07-22-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie (Post 53050)
We're interested....just like Grandpaof3, will have to be in 2011.
We live in California....

You're asking for pointers....San Diego is nice but crowded, Pismo Beach is nice and great access to beach, folks can bring their toys (big/small) for sand, pier is within walking distance and not to far from SF/LA....
Let us know!

My wife and I met in Santa Maria and Pismo beach is our old stomping grounds. I know many of the campgrounds there but if the group decides on Pismo we will have to look into finding a good campground.
The weather is great and mostly all the campgrounds are on the beach or close by.

I also like San Diego specifically Chula Vista at the marina campground.
I will add you to the list for a possible go 2011.

Thanks

Willie 07-22-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy (Post 53055)
My wife and I met in Santa Maria and Pismo beach is our old stomping grounds. I know many of the campgrounds there but if the group decides on Pismo we will have to look into finding a good campground.
The weather is great and mostly all the campgrounds are on the beach or close by.

I also like San Diego specifically Chula Vista at the marina campground.
I will add you to the list for a possible go 2011.

Thanks

Iggy,

what a coincidence...Glad you're familiar with PB.
I thought of it because we just went there early this summer as a first trip with our (then) new TT. I have 3 kids (12,3 &1) plus we took a couple more little friends. They all had a great time at the Pismo Coast Village Resort. It's pretty big and I noticed all sorts of rigs (small/big). weather was nice and views were awesome...I'm sure you know. Lots of things to do for everyone there, swiming pools, gathering areas... here is the link;
Pismo Coast Village RV Resort:thumbsup:


We are also not bias to California, We went to Zion (Utah) in June and that place was awesome too. -grassy areas and lots to do.:)

Iggy 07-22-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie (Post 53057)
Iggy,

what a coincidence...Glad you're familiar with PB.
I thought of it because we just went there early this summer as a first trip with our (then) new TT. I have 3 kids (12,3 &1) plus we took a couple more little friends. They all had a great time at the Pismo Coast Village Resort. It's pretty big and I noticed all sorts of rigs (small/big). weather was nice and views were awesome...I'm sure you know. Lots of things to do for everyone there, swiming pools, gathering areas... here is the link;
Pismo Coast Village RV Resort:thumbsup:


We are also not bias to California, We went to Zion (Utah) in June and that place was awesome too. -grassy areas and lots to do.:)


Pismo Coast Village Resort is the one we always use. Best one I know unless you know any other there. :thumbsup:

Iggy 09-05-2010 08:33 AM

I guess this thread lost its spark. Seems most folks stay close to home and don't venture far. I will keep checking back to see if this idea is still being considered.


Just to throw some ideas out.
Time frame May 2011 someplace l warmer like Tuscon AZ, or San Antonio Texas comes to mind. No snow and nice temps.

Any suggestioned location for May 2011?

BigRed 09-05-2010 09:32 AM

We would be interested Iggy !! Give us a reason to head where ever the road takes us !! Thanks for the tip on the Enterabond tape!! Hope to meet you some time !! Dave & Annamarie K.

DAISY BOYKIN 09-05-2010 10:00 AM

Rockwood gathering!
 
I thought somebody said "MIDWEST" . More to the center of the US???



Sid HRH-Daisy

tentcamper1 09-05-2010 01:09 PM

were in, as long as the location works, Midwest sounds good to me.

Iggy 09-05-2010 02:52 PM

THIS IS OPEN TO ALL FOREST RIVER RIGS!
Not just Rockwoods


OK Everyone. Midwest but where?

Branson MO? My wife says that would be a great place because they have lot of RV parks and lots of things going on.

Has anyone been to Branson MO. with their trailer?
Tell us about it.


Here is a link to all the Campgrounds around Branson MO
https://www.trailerlifedirectory.com/...A&type=&filter=

milzat 09-05-2010 03:08 PM

I haven't been there, but I've heard ABC(America's Best Campground) was nice.

Iggy 09-05-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milzat (Post 60794)
I haven't been there, but I've heard ABC(America's Best Campground) was nice.


The rates look reasonable for daily as well as weekly. $35 a night or $196 per week for a full 30/50Amp free cable and wifi. Any it also is a Good Sam Campground, Dogs OK

tentcamper1 09-05-2010 03:22 PM

We could do Branson, of course there is always Elkhart! make sure they allow pets.

Iggy 09-05-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tentcamper1 (Post 60797)
We could do Branson, of course there is always Elkhart! make sure they allow pets.

:roflblack::roflblack:


I just was looking at the weather temps and May looks reasonable.
Average high 82ish and lows 60's

Hipshot 09-05-2010 05:14 PM

We could do Branson in May and will be in South Dakota and Montana In July 2011. Either would work.:thumbsup:

Iggy 09-05-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milzat (Post 60794)
I haven't been there, but I've heard ABC(America's Best Campground) was nice.


Would you consider coming Mike?

pondlady 09-05-2010 05:31 PM

Branson in May works for us.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.