Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Dollars & Cents (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f188/)
-   -   Best Place to Privately Sell RV? (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f188/best-place-to-privately-sell-rv-90878.html)

cchild 08-24-2015 12:12 PM

Best Place to Privately Sell RV?

So sadly, I must sell my 2013 Sunseeker. Does anyone feel there to be a best venue for private sales?

grumpy0374 08-24-2015 06:10 PM

I would suggest RV Trader. That's where we found our Lexington, via a private owner. If I were looking for another used rig, that's the first place I would check. To me, it means alot to be able to interact with an owner rather than a dealer who may know next to nothing about what is for sale.
Grumpy

aceinspp 08-24-2015 06:31 PM

You can also advertise it on this forum under the for sale thread. Later RJD:trink39:

Pod2Vibe 08-24-2015 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceinspp (Post 963564)
You can also advertise it on this forum under the for sale thread. Later RJD:trink39:

The price is great, too! :roflblack:

Iwritecode 08-25-2015 01:24 PM

There really isn't a single "best" venue. It just depends on how wide of an audience you want to reach and whether or not you want to pay for the advertising.

It's best to put your ad up in multiple places if possible. Craigslist, RVtrader, camping forums like this one, Facebook and Twitter are good places online.

If you want to make physical flyers you can put them up on local ad boards at stores and campgrounds.

Put an ad in your local newspaper as well. I've heard some people still get those delivered to them daily. ;)

Boso 08-25-2015 01:26 PM

Sell RV

Try Craig's list,RV trader,RVT.com, the classified on forum as many places as you can. My last one sold in 5 days on Craig's list but it was advertised every where

sself1219 08-25-2015 01:29 PM

I've bought and sold a few on Craigslist, you just have to be careful on there of scams and tire kickers. I've never used RV trader but heard good things, also as mentioned, this site has a for sale area.

Stormrider151 08-25-2015 02:49 PM

I sold my Popup on Craig's list in a week. First guy to look at it bought without haggling and brought cash. No problem at all. I've sold a lot of stuff there.

cchild 08-25-2015 03:53 PM

Thanks, all!

dougpatz 08-25-2015 03:55 PM

We sold out 5th wheel on RV Trader. It was a high end 5er, and went from IN to CO, so that website gives you broad coverage. It was also on Craigslist, but mostly got tire kickers/nosy price searchers from there. (even though we listed price). We felt RV Trader was well worth the cost of the ad.

Luckybreak 08-25-2015 06:03 PM

Sold our little Prowler on Craigslist..just got the ad on & the phone started ringing..had to list names there were too many for my feeble brain..first couple that arrived looked at it, told me to call the others coming to look & tell them it was sold!! Paid w/cash & we got the title to them later in the week...Darn, should have priced it higher! One caveat is that the above warnings about Craigslist "buyers" can be true..some don't show, etc.etc.

uhduh camping 08-25-2015 06:27 PM

Just be careful with Craig's list. Lots of bad stories out there too. We are near a busy vacation destination, so a good spot on the Hwy with large price and phone # digits did the trick for us.

Vince and Charlette 08-25-2015 10:00 PM

Best place in town to conduct a sale is the lobby or at least the parking lot of your local police department. Just read a month ago that some PDs are actually building a designated spot for just such sales! Forewarned is forearmed.

johntaylor 08-26-2015 02:59 PM

When buying from a private seller, how do you ensure that there are no liens against the trailer? I wouldn't trust the title in the seller's hands (in case he used the trailer as collateral against a later loan), so do you both go to the DMV/MVA to get a current copy of the title? Is it possible for there to be liens not shown on the title, or would such liens not be enforceable?

TURBS 08-26-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johntaylor (Post 965609)
When buying from a private seller, how do you ensure that there are no liens against the trailer? I wouldn't trust the title in the seller's hands (in case he used the trailer as collateral against a later loan), so do you both go to the DMV/MVA to get a current copy of the title? Is it possible for there to be liens not shown on the title, or would such liens not be enforceable?

Last I knew you couldn't put a lien on a vehicle without surrendering the title to the lien holder.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"

Boso 08-26-2015 04:24 PM

Finding camper

If there is a Lein on it the owner will not have the title

Paulie1138 08-26-2015 04:59 PM

Like Stormrider, I put my popup on C.L., sold it in less than 30 minutes! At the asking price, and it was fairly priced. It helped alot that it was very well kept up, despite it being a 1987! Family that bought it lived 3 blocks away! He called within minutes of my post, was there within 15 mins, had my cash in 45! He said it was the nicest of any he had looked at in 3 months, and by far the oldest! A year later, he is still pleased!

Cherokeerose 08-27-2015 01:14 PM

Has anyone in Canada sold a Park Model? If so, did you require the original Bill of Sale to do so? I am trying to assist our 85 year old neighbour with her pending sale, and the purchaser is now demanding she produce the B of S from 20 years ago, even though the Park Model is registered in her name now. So, if you have info on whether or not that original Bill of Sale is required, would you please let me know so I can pass that info on to her? We are in British Columbia, if that helps. Thanks for any and all information!

spock123 08-27-2015 03:14 PM

I am no salesman I don't think I could sell ice water in the bad place. When it comes time to sell I trade

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Cajun Po-Boy 08-27-2015 04:52 PM

Last 3 RVs we sold...all eventually were bought from rvtrader.com viewers, though I multiple listed with 3 other well known rv listings. Good Luck!

Sent via Cajun Po-Boy's Tech Gear