Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Berkshire (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f112/)
-   -   Atwood tankless (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f112/atwood-tankless-94723.html)

15berkxl 10-17-2015 01:58 PM

Atwood tankless

Any one with the new tankless having issues with insects clogging up the tube for the fan differential sensor? Not sure what it is but I clean out the tube and within days it brings mud back into it. Whatever it is is soon to be on the endangered list. If you have issues with delayed or no lighting of the heater check the tube with the elbow that protrudes through the cover.

Wayne

fredhardy 10-22-2015 09:57 AM

Mud-dawbers? (SIC). A small screen wrapped around the tube will prevent these guys from depositing in the tube. Good luck!

nathantoensing 10-24-2015 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Called Atwood to find out what we can do as this has ruined the brand new paint (being repainted over Thanksgiving)!!! Told them it was sputtering out of that rubber tube popping through the door. They told me I was incorrect as that is a vacuum tube not an outlet tube. I might not be the sharpest knife but I know by simply watching it's spitting water and other stuff out. Maybe it's sucking in also but it certainly spits! Would love to get this fixed prior to getting painted. On a side note the performance of the Atwood is amazing! NO complaints, love our never ending hot water!!!Attachment 92762

--Nathan
2016 38a

15berkxl 10-24-2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathantoensing (Post 1019014)
Called Atwood to find out what we can do as this has ruined the brand new paint (being repainted over Thanksgiving)!!! Told them it was sputtering out of that rubber tube popping through the door. They told me I was incorrect as that is a vacuum tube not an outlet tube. I might not be the sharpest knife but I know by simply watching it's spitting water and other stuff out. Maybe it's sucking in also but it certainly spits! Would love to get this fixed prior to getting painted. On a side note the performance of the Atwood is amazing! NO complaints, love our never ending hot water!!!Attachment 92762

--Nathan
2016 38a

Nathan I have never seen that tube leaking anything. Atwood is correct it is a vacuum line pulling in air. My issue has been plugging up from the insects. After I take the tube off and clean it out the heater will start and operate ok.

Wayne

nathantoensing 10-24-2015 09:02 PM

Wish I could trade you issues! 😉

--Nathan
2016 38a

15berkxl 10-25-2015 07:44 AM

Atwood tankless

I would think it is still under warranty if it is a 2016 contact FR and see what they want to do.

Wayne

tmmar 10-25-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 15berkxl (Post 1019197)
I would think it is still under warranty if it is a 2016 contact FR and see what they want to do.

Wayne

X2!! Sure that FR will be able to something for you.