Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2019, 07:23 PM   #1

Can the low setting on a Furrion cooktop be adjusted?

We like the new Furrion cooktop but the low setting is still to high to simmer sauces and the like. Is there an adjustment so that one or all 3 burners can be turned down some way?
tcrossan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrossan View Post
We like the new Furrion cooktop but the low setting is still to high to simmer sauces and the like. Is there an adjustment so that one or all 3 burners can be turned down some way?
I have a Furrion cook top that is induction. It only has two burners, they are both adjustable by temperature and I think it will go down to 160 degrees, and up to 420.
2008 F350
2017 CC Champagne 38EL
2006 Salem Sport 32 SRV Toy Hauler (still have)
brusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:15 PM   #3

Brusso,
Yeah, I should have specified we have propane cooktop. I didn't know that Furrion made an induction model.
Ours is just to hot for a lot of cooking use. I'm going to need to find or manufacture a fix for it if it can't be adjusted to a lower flame.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:11 AM   #4

Many gas ranges the valves can be adjusted by a screw that is in the middle of the valve beneath the knob. I haven't seen the furrion yet but pull one of the burner knobs off and look straight down and see if there is a screw, if there is that should be your flame height adjustment.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
Many gas ranges the valves can be adjusted by a screw that is in the middle of the valve beneath the knob. I haven't seen the furrion yet but pull one of the burner knobs off and look straight down and see if there is a screw, if there is that should be your flame height adjustment.
I would hope that tcrossan will let us know if that works !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:35 PM   #6
Retired Member

Turn knob back toward the light/off position and you can adjust down lower.
RMWSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:47 PM   #7

My burner adjustment is in the knob shaft

My gas cooktop has the adjustment inside the knob shaft. Pull the knob off and you will need a small flat blade screwdriver to insert into the shaft to make the adjustment.

Don't turn it down too low or it may blow out and leave unburned propane coming out of the burner.
TV: 1999 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4
Honda EU2200i Generator, 300 Watts Solar
Ham Callsign KD7UM
UT_Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:28 PM   #8

The issue of 'too much heat' from a stove burner is quite common - search Amazon for 'flame tamer' or 'heat diffuser' for more options than you probably care to wade through. I have a 7 inch square piece of 3/16" stainless I came across many years ago that has served me well.
jjkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 04:15 PM   #9

Ok, I haven't had tried to work on the burner trim valve to adjust the low flame. I did look and there is a screw barely visible looking down into the cavity beneath the knob when its removed. It looks a bit difficult to access as it is very close to the valve shaft. Should be able to get to it with a very small screwdriver.
I'll let y'all know how it works out.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:05 PM   #10

Can the low setting on a Furrion cooktop be adjusted

I emailed Furrion customer service yesterday, 5/27. I received a very prompt reply today which stated "There are only 2 flame heights High and medium. It really does not have a simmer mode."
So I am now looking at ripping out the cooktop and oven as my wife doesn't like either one. My bad. I figured new design = better design. Actually, new design = new design.
Just in case FR rep is reading this maybe someone can influence Furrion to redesign their product to actually be a better product not just look better.